Sign in to follow this  
krp

Crow hunting

Went crow hunting this weekend, found 3, 2 cows and this guy. Too bad for who ever lost him, the bears left thank you signs everywhere though. And yes everything is still there.

DSC00090_(Medium).JPG

DSC00096_(Medium).JPG

Kent

You might want to let AGFD know about that kill in case there is any poaching involved in it. I assume it's wounding loss from the archery hunt, but you never know, they might be working a case in the area.

Amanda

Amanda, unfortunately this bull is just out of reach of G&F, crossed over the res fence and died. Probably why he was never recovered. I wish the state could recover the horns but no go.

Kent

What a shame, if indeed a bowhunter lost that bull because it crossed the reservation line.

Incidentally, far back in my memory I seem to remember someone telling me that there are no crows in Arizona and that all the large black birds with big bills we see everywhere are ravens, which cannot be hunted legally here.

Anything to that?

Bill Quimby

Bill,

Plenty of crows with the smaller beaks and bodies, and the larger-billed ravens around Flag. Owing to their plentitude, it escapes my reasoning why ravens are protected.

RR

It's even illegal to pick up a shed on the reservation.

This bull was in the res about 400 yds. There is a spring just in the forest and the bedding areas are just in the res. a very remote and unique spot. Sat I watched over 60 elk cross over the fence to bed in the res, I know this area well, they cross every morning and afternoon. From the direction he was laying, he was moving from the fence to the bedding area, didn't make it. I know it was a longshot but I was hoping someone would come forward and claim they shot this bull. If they could describe the area good enough I would pull the head over to the fence so they could lift it over. I can legally be in the res another week and a half. The law reads you can't pick them up, dosen't say you can't drag it. I know thats splitting hairs but I wouldn't feel bad about doing it.

Kent

Can't say that I blame you or wouldn't be tempted, but personally, I don't mess with the tribes. They really don't like people trespassing on their sovereign lands.

It's even illegal to pick up a shed on the reservation.

This bull was in the res about 400 yds. There is a spring just in the forest and the bedding areas are just in the res. a very remote and unique spot. Sat I watched over 60 elk cross over the fence to bed in the res, I know this area well, they cross every morning and afternoon. From the direction he was laying, he was moving from the fence to the bedding area, didn't make it. I know it was a longshot but I was hoping someone would come forward and claim they shot this bull. If they could describe the area good enough I would pull the head over to the fence so they could lift it over. I can legally be in the res another week and a half. The law reads you can't pick them up, dosen't say you can't drag it. I know thats splitting hairs but I wouldn't feel bad about doing it.

Kent

check your PM's