ultramag

need boot advise

I'm in the market also and I've decided to go with the Meindl's Perfekt Hunter boot. I went through 2 pairs of Danners last year and have never gotten more than 1 season out of any pair of Danner I've had....but they are much better than any Rocky model that I've previously used. I have a pile of Danner boots in my closet with some that appear as though they are brand new....execpt for a blown out seam, or the front of the sole separated! I love the boot for comfort and support but it drives me up the wall that I spent almost $400 last year alone on 2 pairs of boots and haven't gotten a full season out of either boot! I know I should have been calling Danners customer service and sending them in to be repaired...I've heard they are good about that, but I never have time for that so I have just gone and bought a new pair. The models I've bought that lasted me the longest time is the Frontier, and the Quarry models....all the others fell apart fast for me. I'm buyin' the Meindl's tomorrow!

Hope you like them Jim. The Meindl Perfekt Hunter is the best boot I have ever owned. They hold up very well. I also wore Danner Boots for years. They were good boots but I also could never get more than a year or two out of them. Back seams were always coming apart on them. The Perfekt Hunters are the most Comfortable boot I have ever worn.

Hey Dan, This similar topic came up a while ago and I remembered what you said about the Meindl's and have had my mind set ever since to buy them.......it also is a "NO-BRAINER" when Fatfootdoc and Mr. Scott Adams reccomends the same brand!!! I'll check out those Canadians too! JIM>

I use the Meindl Denali boots when it's cold, and have a pair of the uninsulated perfekt Hikers for warmer weather. Very nice boots.

--Bill