Red Rabbit

Painted Desert and Moenave Valley

A recent phototrip with a couple of friends from Colorado had us in remote areas in northern Arizona.  The first evening had us overlooking a beautiful section of the Painted Desert with its colored Chinle formation.  The next evening was spent in a pinnacle-filled filled valley surrounded by walls of Moenave sandstone.  The colors and striations of the sandstone are beautiful.
A gallery of the images from the trip may be viewed on my website.  https://www.plateaulightphotography.com/New-Work/Navajo-High-Desert/

Ed1600-2x3-DNNik561-571-Panorama-1-copy-

There were a pair of feral llamas that the Navajos had used to protect their sheep from coyotes.
Ed1600-2x1-Topaz-Nik-DSC0822-copy.jpg

Wonderful colors and markings in the sandstone.
Ed1600-2x1-Topaz-Nik-DSC0905-copy.jpg

Ed1600-Topaz-Nik-DSC0967-copy.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 2

If I had  any wall space left, I’d be buying that lama  photo in the biggest size…. That blows me away and cracks me up at the same time.   Your   Photos are all amazing,  … if you hit the White Mtns again this  summer please post in advance, I’ll try to stop by, I’m up north every weekend I can be in the summer

10 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

… if you hit the White Mtns again this  summer please post in advance, I’ll try to stop by, I’m up north every weekend I can be in the summer

Notags- I will be at a few art shows in Pinetop this summer which being held at the In Bloom Nursery. Dates are June 17-19, Aug 19-21 and Sept 16-18.