Sign in to follow this  
PJM

Youth tag in 35a

No more Kaibab antlerless hunts for my daughter. This year we got the any antlered deer hunt in 35a. Thinking we should try for a mule deer. Any one familiar with that area can point us in the right direction.

Thanks

Mitan

35A has great mule deer and whitetail deer.  Much of the mule deer land is private and you may have to work with that.  Lots of transistion land where you can find both so I would suggest that you keep an open mind and take advantage of all oppourtunities.  You will definitely need something likd On-Xhunt or other APP to show access and land ownership.  The powerline road on the 82 east of Sonoita is a great place to look for mulies if it is still open.

Agree with above, power line road has lotsa gates just fyi. Also the Elgin road that divides 35a and 35b has some roads that go into the west side of the mustangs. There will be coues and muleys there.  Also outside of the west gate of fort huachuca (cimaron road) has some muleys pocketed out there. 

14 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Agree with above, power line road has lotsa gates just fyi. Also the Elgin road that divides 35a and 35b has some roads that go into the west side of the mustangs. There will be coues and muleys there.  Also outside of the west gate of fort huachuca (cimaron road) has some muleys pocketed out there. 

Make sure your give up the goods on the whole unit on the internet 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I didn't give too much. Just enough. Planned on sending op a more robust response.

People don’t come to these units because there a mystery . You give out enough to be “just the tip” and dont come come crying that there people every where with in a few years 

• Like 1

Your not wrong but there already is people everywhere. It's the new normal. 

Maybe I'll come back later and remove some info from this post later when no one's looking. Like a ninja.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the great info. I have been in 35a many times, but mostly hunted south of Parker Lake and near the Ft. Huachuca gate. Have only seen on mule deer near Sonoita in all that time.