Sign in to follow this  
DarkGrave53

Compact Spotter with 15s

Hello all, I am curious how many of you carry a spotting scope with your 15s. I use 15 slc hds for finding and have occasionally used an old leupold gold ring to double check but its gone now and I am on the path to replace or remove completely. I had a few questions. How many of you carry a compact spotting with you to verify or double check that rock? If so, what brand? I have narrowed if I replace down to the new Swaro 56mm spotter, kowa 554 or maven s2.

Thanks in advance.

I carry the 554 with 12's if I'm not carrying my twin kowas. I would not just assume the swaro is better unless either you or someone you trust has compared them side by side. The 554 is amazing for what it is. The swaro is likely amazing as well but my advice would be not to jump into the swaro without hearing from somebody with zero bias that has compared them both. Finding somebody with zero bias towards swaro is tough sometimes. I own swaro glass btw so not just a kowa fan boy. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, creed_az_88 said:

I carry the 554 with 12's if I'm not carrying my twin kowas. I would not just assume the swaro is better unless either you or someone you trust has compared them side by side. The 554 is amazing for what it is. The swaro is likely amazing as well but my advice would be not to jump into the swaro without hearing from somebody with zero bias that has compared them both. Finding somebody with zero bias towards swaro is tough sometimes. I own swaro glass btw so not just a kowa fan boy. 

This

The little Kowa is one of the top pieces of glass out there for its size 

• Like 2