Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Nu Way heater reviews

59 minutes ago, nateNAU said:

Do you have a sleeping system suggestion? I have a bud who is a marine and he swears by his 3 piece military bag. I have tried bags with ratings well below the temps I have slept in and still woken up miserably cold. I have learned to get into a sleeping bag warm with warm feet or I will be cold all night. I guess the nalgene with hot water in it trick could help. 

Which pad do you use?

I used a cabelas xl cot with their xl pad and a cheap but beefy Coleman sleeping bag and I was good.  It was probably high 20s.    The pad was surprisingly warm and comfortable. 

Pad is just as important if not more important than a bag/quilt. I use a Thermarest X Therm pad with a Nemo Salsa 15° down bag. The X Therm is really warm with a R value of around 7. When you sleep your bag compresses under the weight of your body and is worthless below you. The pad keeps you warm underneath. You could have the best bag money could buy but if your pad sucks you’ll be cold. 

1 hour ago, Curtis Reed said:

Pad is just as important if not more important than a bag/quilt. I use a Thermarest X Therm pad with a Nemo Salsa 15° down bag. The X Therm is really warm with a R value of around 7. When you sleep your bag compresses under the weight of your body and is worthless below you. The pad keeps you warm underneath. You could have the best bag money could buy but if your pad sucks you’ll be cold. 

This. Took me a while to grasp this when I started sleeping on a cot and would wake up freezing. Same bag worked fine on the ground without much of a pad but the air circulating under the cot made a big difference. 

• Like 1