BGbasbhat

LOST BINOS IN Unit 10 !!

**LOST BINOS**REWARD OFFERED!!! 

All, I was helping a family member in Unit 10, North of Williams this weekend 12/3-12/5 and lost my binoculars and chest pack early morning on Sunday 12/4. They are the old gen Leica Geovid 8x42s in a Marsupial check pack/carrier. I’m the original owner of the binos, so registered them with Leica back in 2009 when I bought them.

I was north of the Double A Ranch/FR 124 Rd around the Perrin Ranch access and sign in box. Not having the binos on at the moment, I “think” I may have gotten out of the truck to open a gate and maybe dumped them on the side of the road.

I put signs/flags/phone #/etc all around the area, sign in box, and gates. Talked to everybody that came through that way all day and combed the area.

If anybody picked them up, knows somebody who did, or was in the area this past weekend 12/3-12/5, please message/text/call me.

Barrett

602-292-0052

Sorry you lost your binos.  It took a 2010 Jeep with the flat front fenders to cure me of my flaw of using them for a temporary shelf. They were SO inviting to lay stuff on when I was loading up my Jeep to go out.  I usually carry a sidearm and my fear of leaving a pistol on them scared me SO much I vowed to myself to NEVER lay anything of value on them. Of course that did not stop my buddy from laying his cell phone on them while we were gathering wood to bring back to deer camp. According to the tracks, only ONE vehicle went down the road after us. We could see in the dry dirt Jeep trail where someone got out,  walked a few feet, and got back in the vehicle.  We were SURE they were going to call one of the numbers in the address "book"  so we could come get the phone. We both agreed that the phone broke on impact rather than think they just kept the phone.

• Like 1

Yeah, I started second guessing myself almost immediately on where/what/when/how. I'm so neurotic about my gear. Like you, I tore apart the gate and road area, as well as sat there the entire day to try and talk to everybody that passed back through. I'm sick about them. 

No Tub, nothing yet. I've posted everywhere I can think of, searching CL/OfferUp/FB for posts or someone trying to flip them, called the outdoorsy stores in Williams yesterday, and left a VM with G&F. Not sure what else I should be doing, but hate waiting and thinking, "oh, maybe i'll just get a call"...

On 12/5/2022 at 5:56 AM, BGbasbhat said:

I was helping a family member in Unit 10, North of Williams this weekend 12/3-12/5 and lost my binoculars and chest pack early morning on Sunday 12/4.

Just a FYI, to be very careful which roads you are traveling on around that entrance to Perrin Ranch.

Many hunters drive right past the two G&F (Road Closed To Vehicle Traffic) signs that are just past the

check in kiosk. One on the left at K4 tank & one right before the RR underpass. The only two roads! 

I met two guys that had been charged by G&F for illegal hunting while driving around back there.

3 hours ago, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

Just a FYI, to be very careful which roads you are traveling on around that entrance to Perrin Ranch.

Many hunters drive right past the two G&F (Road Closed To Vehicle Traffic) signs that are just past the

check in kiosk. One on the left at K4 tank & one right before the RR underpass. The only two roads! 

I met two guys that had been charged by G&F for illegal hunting while driving around back there.

Thanks Trouble Shooter. I agree and remember a couple signs here and there. I don't recall one just passed K4 going under the RR, but maybe I covered it up with my "Lost Binos" sign! Haha, not really though, my brother-in-law is pretty conservative minding signs, etc. Some aren't though I agree!