I've been using Hornaday 139's and they've done great. I shot an Antelope at 400 and it didn't take a step and a deer at 375 or so and it didn't take step. BUT, I don't think I'll hunt elk with that load. I'm going to keep using my 30-06 for elk with a 150 Nosler. If you go with a 150 or 160, stick with it and use it for everything, if you don't, you'll spend too much time dialing your rifle and un-needed wear on your barrel. Plus the fact that 7mag loads aren't the cheapest.

Donnie

160 Nosler Partitions or accubonds for sure will work if they group well in your rig. You want to be able to penitrate shoulder for a knock-down if you need to. Practice,practice,practice.

I've been shooting 7mm for the last 12 years. I use to shoot 150 soft point (power point) for years but didn't like how they were working on coues so I switched up to 140 grain ballistic tips that shot exactly on with my Leupold B&C 4.5-14 scope, and I mean dead on with the hash marks for yardage. The 140 grain did a number on a bear but I have yet to use them in anything else. Seeing though what other ballistic tips have done to other game as well studying more about a 150 grain bullet should hold better in the wind I'm opting to move to a 150 accubond or the like and see how they work.

I've seen a 7mm work numbers on antelope, elk and pigs with various rounds and to be honest I think any you mention would work. Find what groups best and like Joe said... practice a lot with it.

Buy quality you'll thank yourself later for it.

cmc

Plus the fact that 7mag loads aren't the cheapest.

No kidding. I was looking at a .257 wby and thinking maybe I should think 25-06 instead as I could only imagine how much the .257 rounds would cost having paid an arm for my 7mm rounds. Turns out .257 wby is only $2 more a box than my 7mm's...

I can't believe the same box of 7mm DOUBLED in cost in just three years. DOUBLED!!!

Just not right.

cmc