Sign in to follow this  
SpotNStalk

Changing out the signs

Who shops in a store anymore ? Sit on the couch with a beer in hand surfing all the ww.coms and hit…add to cart. Back in the 90’s I couldn’t pass a Cabela’s without going in,it’s been a long while since I’ve been in one.

The first Cabela’s I visited was in Dundee MI back in the early 2000’s. I was on vacation with some friends and we drove out of our way to go there. It was huge and at the time I thought it was great and we spent two or three hours there. I also remember when sportsman’s warehouse first opened its phoenix store in 2003. I could drive across town and spend a couple hours there just looking at everything. The first Bass Pro shop I went to is the original home store in Springfield MO and was not as impressed. When Cabela’s and bass pro both opened in town I was disappointed. I don’t know if it was because I had already become used to the large stores from the other visits or from having been regularly shopping at Sportsman’s. I enjoyed the experience of both but found myself buying more product and finding what I was looking for at the warehouse style shopping at Sportsman’s where they tried to get as much product on the shelves as possible. Now it seems like Sportsman’s has a lot less product to offer on the shelves and I leave most visits not finding what I am looking for. I also find myself not going to any of the three and buying more online. Whenever on vacation I still enjoy visiting different Cabela’s and Bass Pro store locations that I haven’t been to as each location seems to be a little different.