Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Lees Ferry

Tough couple of days for us. We fished Tuesday and wind was brutal and the high was 50.   The water level was high all day (normal high level) but doable. I had about a dozen takes all day and an egg was the best.  Wednesday the weather was much better but the water was even higher.  Basically un-wadeable.   Four mile island was completely submerged to give you all an idea.  Ton of grass and debris floating. 

Needless to say fishing sucked.  We ended up anchoring our boat in a few spots and caught a few on some runs where new water was washing out the grass but it was slow. I think the fish were unreachable depth wise and confused with the increased water.  It sounds like the water will. Be ultra high at 19k cfs nonstop until October to fill up Mead so I don’t think fly fishing is gonna be fun fyi to folks considering a trip.   Spinning and cicada hatch I’m guessing will be fine once the fish adapt, given you’ll be in a boat drifting. 

grade D for this trip. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Green Bullet said:

Tough couple of days for us. We fished Tuesday and wind was brutal and the high was 50.   The water level was high all day (normal high level) but doable. I had about a dozen takes all day and an egg was the best.  Wednesday the weather was much better but the water was even higher.  Basically un-wadeable.   Four mile island was completely submerged to give you all an idea.  Ton of grass and debris floating. 

Needless to say fishing sucked.  We ended up anchoring our boat in a few spots and caught a few on some runs where new water was washing out the grass but it was slow. I think the fish were unreachable depth wise and confused with the increased water.  It sounds like the water will. Be ultra high at 19k cfs nonstop until October to fill up Mead so I don’t think fly fishing is gonna be fun fyi to folks considering a trip.   Spinning and cicada hatch I’m guessing will be fine once the fish adapt, given you’ll be in a boat drifting. 

grade D for this trip. 

Thanks for the report.

1 hour ago, Green Bullet said:

grade D for this trip. 

That’s a shame.