Sign in to follow this  
Freakycamo

Gun identification

My dad had this gun in his safe and I'm trying to figure out what it is. I will post pictures. No markings on the gun. Thank you

20230607_164342.jpg

20230607_164351.jpg

Quick research shows it's a type of Velo Dog or Bulldog type pistol with a folding trigger, exposed hammer, and round barrel.

Initially manufactured for cyclists for protection against dogs in Europe. (France, Belgium, Germany)

• Like 1

Upon further inspection, your pistol does have several markings that will help with your search.

The frame and cylinder have several markings throughout that are blurry in your photos.  Your cylinder also shows a stamp of sorts and opening the cylinder may yield even more.

Looks like the number "15" a possible "U" with a crown above it...all in line with similar markings on pistols online. (letter with a crown etc)

Here is a preview of a book sold: Bulldog revolvers explained - ebook published at HLebooks.com - YouTube

Sorry been out of town I will forward this to my father. I think he will be very interested in your findings. Thank you very much

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 10:27 PM, Chef said:

Quick research shows it's a type of Velo Dog or Bulldog type pistol with a folding trigger, exposed hammer, and round barrel.

Initially manufactured for cyclists for protection against dogs in Europe. (France, Belgium, Germany)

Here in the US we have the ATF to shoot our dogs for us.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1