Sign in to follow this  
coyotekid

I set my new record

well last week I was with my brother, dad and a good friend on my dads late bull hunt and the day before I had to leave to head back to flag I had my best horn huntin day thus far. one day-TEN horns! and the cooler part is we have THREE pairs and most of them are this last springs. none of them were the new world records but most are decent sixers with the biggest pair at about 335". It wasn't the most successful elk hunt we've had dad passed on a lot of younger bulls waiting for the big daddy we never caught up with but he did whack a rag horn the last night so we have a freezer full of steaks! After I had left dad found 4 more horns but I don't have pictures of those yet. Not to bad for a weeks long elk hunt.

hope ya'l enjoy the pics, sorry I didn't have any of the "as they lay" photos. Good luck and safe travel to all you lucky December hunters.

sam

post-2382-1228923279_thumb.jpg

my little brother with the one of the better sets.

post-2382-1228923378_thumb.jpg

post-2382-1228923435_thumb.jpg

talk about getting some funny looks going down road!

post-2382-1228923489_thumb.jpg

Nice haul... That makes me envious no matter how much time I spend in the field I swear I'll never find one. Those are from some quality elk. Whatever area you were in there was some good bulls in there this year... Dont give up your spot cause I'd be there next time you go :lol:

I need to start picking those things up. Seems like every time I go on a hunt I find a bunch of sheds, but don't want to bother with them. Never find them when I'm out scouting, or goofing around.