Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

Run Flat Tires on SUV/Crossovers - or mt 3pk tires

It is time for new shoes for my Explorer Sport, and was looking / thinking about run flat tires.  Does anyone use them on SUV/Crossover style vehicles?  I have always run the PIRELLI SCORPION VERDE tires, and trying to see if there is anything better/3 peak snow then found the run flats.  Tires I am looking at TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T III, FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T TRAIL, NITTO  NOMAD GRAPPLER and COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S

I currently have the Falkens on my F-250 and like the way they ride better than the Nitto Terra Grappler or the Toyos. They are quiet and handle better. I have 321K on my 2000 and bought it new so I have had a lot of different tires on it.

The NItto's wore better than the Toyo's but they were softer so the Toyos got better MPG.

• Like 1

I've run mostly Toyos but switched to Fal I en Wildpeaks. Maybe the best all around tire I've ever used. 

• Like 1

+1 for falken wildpeaks AT3Ws. I run 34" tires on my F-150, they handle snow decently and very good for on-road and decent offroad. Quiet, durable. I've put 60k on mine, time for a new set before next winter.

The more I have read/reserached, the FW are really solid tires across the board.  Will slate these for the Explorer and when the F150 needs new tires.