Sign in to follow this  
mcelkhunter

Successful youth hunter

We have been loving the youth hunts for quite a few years. My 15 year old son James has been very lucky on the draw and successful on the hunts as well. He has 3 cow elk, 3 whitetail, 2 archery javelina, a turkey, a coyote and many many dove to his credit and the credit of the many family and friends who have helped teach him to shoot, glass, stalk, etc... Here are few pictures.

post-3081-1229399772_thumb.jpg

post-3081-1229399891_thumb.jpg

post-3081-1229399975_thumb.jpg

post-3081-1229400141_thumb.jpg

What most kids would give for a dad and family like his. You guys are doing a great job and I am sure your son is just loving every minute of it. Not to mention he has killed elk, turkey, pig. Wow what a accomplished hunter. I don't know if you guys have gotten into predator hunting at all. If you have not its a great way to fill some gaps in the down time of big game hunts. Not to mention its a big time adrenalin rush!!!

hey nice couse. that looks exactly like mine but my split brow tines are on the other side. mine scored 91'' what is yours? and i have shot 1 bull, 1 cow, 3 couse, 3 archery javelina, 2 turkeys, and a mountain lion, along with many doves and quail like you. oh and a few fox and coyotes

James draws his first bull tag. Unit 1 Archery!! I also drew the same tag as did his life long friend. Two youth hunters on their first bull hunt!! I cannot wait. It will be a long 6 months!!