Sign in to follow this  
josh

Hungry Dogs

The coyotes sure were hungry today. I figured with a break in the rain this morning I would skip out on some work this afternoon.Glad I did.

I made nine stands and had takers on seven. First stand after 30 minutes I switched to coon pup and pissed off a heard of javi's. They came in and had a fit with the caller. Two big males were running around it and I paused then hit Mad Cougar and one bit the caller. It was very entertaining. Next two stands I carried the shotgun and wish I hadn't. Called in and hit two dogs but those tough s.o.b.'s got away. Next stand took the ar-15 and whacked a nice male 5 minutes in. Next couple stands were in real thick cover so I took the gauge again and called in two more but they winded me and busted out before I could get a shot. On my last stand called in three but only connected with one. It was my best day of calling so far. Josh

coyotes1034.jpg

It was perfect out actually. The rain stopped at about 10 a.m. so I hit it after that. This is a pic of the other dog it had a real nice coat.Josh

Action on 7 out of 9 stands?!! :o Thats one heck of a day! I went out Monday evening to try and take advantage of some of this perfect weather and only had time for two stands, both were a bust. <_< Congrats and way to whack em! :D

-Tracy

First stand after 30 minutes I switched to coon pup and pissed off a heard of javi's. They came in and had a fit with the caller. Two big males were running around it and I paused then hit Mad Cougar and one bit the caller. It was very entertaining.

I'd pay to see that on video!