GhostBuster

Landowner Tags being discussed this week.

I can see this plan working in other states that have many more animals and less people hunting for them. But there is just not enough in Az to go around. I have no doubt george is behind this, and his greed will get him in the end. I'd like to kick his butt too!!!

This has nothing to do with Mr.U.S.O. Those of you who think so are very misinformed. Secondly, C.H.D. is right on.......this is a push by a handful of organized ranchers who know how to politic and use the clout of the cattlemens' groups. Here is the part to pay attention........are you paying attention???....That group may have a lot of clout, particularly with the legislature, but, .......the sportsmen of Arizona, if they unite on this one, can squash this proposal like a bug on the windshield. I can tell you one thing for sure, the bug won't get squashed if we don't get off of our APATHETIC, LAZY, TAKE IT FOR GRANTED butts!!!!!!! Yes, I said it, we, as a whole are pathetically apathetic and that can cost us. PLEASE go to the az legislature website that that Rembrandt guy posted, look up your senators and legislators, write them all an e-mail expressing your opposition to this proposal and articulate some logical reasons why you oppose it. (you can write all of them too, only takes a few extra clicks of the mouse). Also, advise them that you are a registered voter (hopefully you are) and you won't vote for any politician who supports this. You can do that, that's called politic pressure,......if you think the other side hasn't been schmoozin' the lawmakers down at the capitol,........you're wrong again. Also, find out the members of the natural resource committee that are going to be hearing about the proposal tomorrow and write and call their office too. It's easy.

If everyone isn't willing to spend 15 - 20 minutes making some contacts with politicians and passing this on to all of their friends and encouraging them to do the same........listen closely..........you might as well sell your bows and rifles and take the money and purchase a new set of ping golf clubs and take up golf. This crap is simply a power/money grab and if we stand by and let an extremely small minority of well organized folks take what is ours, and profit from it, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET.

I'm done,

time to write some e-mails.

Someone had to have organized those ranchers, and "Mr.U.S.O." has alot to gain if this passes so I see him as a good candidate. Does anyone know who got this whole thing started? Do you know Couesi1?

Maybe Taulman is behind this and maybe he's not. Does it matter?

One of the points in the proposal is that non-residents will not be able to obtain any of these negotiable tags.

That is about as believable as the point in the proposal that says access wont be denied to anyone. "The love of money is the root of all evil"; evil includes lying, stealing and coveting. The only thing that I believe about this proposal is that if it were to pass, we will all be very sorry we didn't do more to stop it.

Mike

It is not worth figuring out who started this so much as it is to SQUASH it. There is a meeting tonight and one of our AZGFD reps will be there and some (hopefully alot of hunters) will be present to express our opinions.....This ranching for wildlife will end as we know it, quality hunting opportunities in the state of AZ. Dont be fooled, read the proposal like a couple others have said. Make your voice heard......Allen.....

You guys are right, It really doesn't matter who started it but it would be nice to know. Tonight I have set aside a couple hours to write the appropriate e-mails, and to call most of my friends and family and ask them to do the same. Think about it, if each one of us gets AT LEAST ten people to send some e-mails then our voice is ten times louder. I will be contacting non-hunters as well as hunters.

Someone had to have organized those ranchers, and "Mr.U.S.O." has alot to gain if this passes so I see him as a good candidate.  Does anyone know who got this whole thing started? Do you know Couesi1?

An earlier post identified the husband and wife ranchers that are spearheading this assault on the general public's hunting rights. For a clue as to who has their ear, look to a rapidly growing city to the west of their ranch, close to a resort town. Then look to the masthead of an Arizona consevation/hunting group and you can find the names of two of the Arizonans ramroding the "program".

"Thomas K. Kelly,P.C. Attorneys at law", dated July 15, 2004 and addressed to "Duane Shroufe Director Arizona Game & Fish Department".

"Dear Mr. Shroufe:

My clents have developed an impression that the Arizona Game & Fish Departmentis not receptive or sensitive to concerns relating to property damage caused by wildlife and/or inconsiderate hunters. After much thought and discussion, the following ranches have, or are seriously considering, denying any and all public access for any purpose on their private land:

Aztec Land and Cattle Comapny

Becker Land and Cattle Company

LO Ranch

7-Up Ranch

Goldtrap Ranch

Willaha Ranch

McCauley Ranch

X-one Ranch

Rock Art Ranch

Aja Sheep Company

Freeman Ranch

Carlock Ranch

Diamond A's (Cholla Livestock)

K-4 Ranch

Las Vegas Ranch

Dobson and Dobson Livestock Company

Dobson Estate

Vernon 825, LLC

Sheep Springs Sheep Company, LLC

Timberline Cattle Company

Wagon Bow Ranch

Lazy YE

Red Wing Ranch

Cowan Ranch

Yolo Ranch

ORO Ranch

Seibert Cattle Company

As you are aware, these ranches control access to large parcels of privately owned real property and/or access to large parcels of public property in bothe northern and southern Arizona.Hunters currently enjoy free and unfettered use of many of these private parcels. The current mismanagement of wildlife has caused a detrimental impact on the ability of these ranchers to maintain viable cattle operations. Thus far, management of wildlife has been one =sided. Hunters and the AG&FD enjoy the benefit of water, range and access improvements maintained at the sole expense of these ranchers. The ranchers are recieving little or nothing in return Their only recourse at this point is to deny any type of access.

In the event your department is interested in discussing a fair resolution of ongoing concerns relating to ranching and wildlife management, please have your legal counsel contact this office. Otherwise the above- referenced ranches will be closed to public access. Moreover, we will continue to seek every available remedy, including political, public and legal alternatives, to force your department to recognize the significant economic loss the mismangament of wildlife is causing to my clients.

Thank you for your prompt attention in this regard."

I'm not familiar with all of these, but the ones I recognize right off are:

Dobson Livestock & Dobson Estate (from the Dobson Rd in Phx) have holdings in unit 32 on the south end.

Cowan Ranch is in unit 30B outside of Tombstone

Red Wing Ranch is in unit 29 just east of Apache Pass, south of Bowie.

Is Aja Sheep Company, part of those who were reportely proposing the Ranching for Wildlife?

All I know what I heard from some fairly reputable folks......that is there was a group of very organized rancher types (17 or 19) in the western portion of the state that were going to make a run at landowner tags.

Couesi1

P.S. I e-mailed my legislators and I actually got an email back from the president of the senate (mr. ken bennett) I'm telling you guys......you gotta get active. Apathy is like a cancer, and cancer kills.