Sign in to follow this  
Boarman03

FYI Only. Anderson AR 15's complete $399 shipped

I've never had a problem with them. If lowers and all other parts are truly mil spec, everything works well. 

Todd South (Southern Xpress Custom Rifles) and I are getting ready to set up a jig to add the tensioner screw that Dave Beaty invented but did not finish his patent on in a timely manner, so Arrow is doing it now. With that added to the Anderson lowers, they should be pretty much as good as Arrows. 

13 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

I've never had a problem with them. If lowers and all other parts are truly mil spec, everything works well. 

Todd South (Southern Xpress Custom Rifles) and I are getting ready to set up a jig to add the tensioner screw that Dave Beaty invented but did not finish his patent on in a timely manner, so Arrow is doing it now. With that added to the Anderson lowers, they should be pretty much as good as Arrows. 

While they may be manufactured to milspec it’s the QC from these companies that sets them apart. Anderson tends to let more slide than other companies do which is why some are decent and some simply aren’t. The tension screw on my Aero builds aren’t even in play I have to admit. I have zero slop on them except for my Anderson/PSA build which doesn’t affect anything that I’m aware of. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rpowell600 said:

While they may be manufactured to milspec it’s the QC from these companies that sets them apart. Anderson tends to let more slide than other companies do which is why some are decent and some simply aren’t. The tension screw on my Aero builds aren’t even in play I have to admit. I have zero slop on them except for my Anderson/PSA build which doesn’t affect anything that I’m aware of. 

Agreed on QC. QC is to verify mil spec was achieved.

Tensioner screw may never come into play, but nice to have.

Some manufacturers uppers and lowers don't play well with others. But they do better than the AR10s, in my opinion.

But this gun is complete and matched so there really should be no problems, theoretically.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rpowell600 said:

Agree and that's why the term MIL SPEC is so abused.

• Like 1