Sign in to follow this  
Phil Carr

Entering Mexico

I am looking for information from anyone that may know if you can enter and exit Mexico through Agua Prieta when traveling to hunt deer. I have hunted numerous time is Sonora, but have always traveled through Nogales.

We will be hunting a ranch that is much closer to the port at Douglas, and this would save us a lot of travel time. I need to make sure that I can get the proper gun permits as well as being able to clear through the USDA when we return. Any information you can share is appreciated.

Phil

yes you can get everything you need in AP and Douglas to cross into and out of mexico. both for MX and US.

yes you can get everything you need in AP and Douglas to cross into and out of mexico. both for MX and US.

That's correct Phill, you can use AP. If your hunt is fully guided your outfitter should help you out crossing out to and into from Mexico.

Good luck on your and make sure you tell us the story and show us lots of pictures.

Ernesto C

Thanks for the information. Traveling though the Douglas port will really reduce our travel time and allow us to get an afternoon hunt in. We are headed down on the 25th. I am guessing the Rut will be over. I would have liked to have made it down there this week, just could not jocky my schedule to make it happen.

Happy New Year and safe hunting.

Phil