Sign in to follow this  
cannonball

Sell BX-5's (10x + 15x) to buy one better set?

Ive got Leupold BX-5's in 10x50 and 15x56. The 10's feel a little bulky on the chest and got me thinking if I should sell both of these and put the money into a single pair of higher quality 10x42's? Or possibly just selling just the 10x50's to get a set of 8x42 to reduce weight and bulk and keeping the 15's. What do yall think?

You should be able to get a pair of 8.5X42 EL's for a reasonable price which are perfect for hand held glassing and keep the 15's for the long distance stuff.

8 X 42 is a great choice for hand held glass.  10 X 42 is better for all around glass.  Each are surprisingly effective when used with a tripod.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swivelhead said:

8 X 42 is a great choice for hand held glass.  10 X 42 is better for all around glass.  Each are surprisingly effective when used with a tripod.  

I had 8.5's for many years and sold them off and got 10's. You wouldn't think it but they were harder to hold and keep steady then the 8'5. I find the 12 NL's are nice being the latest and the greatest, but. I still like the increased power of the 15's.

Cannonball if you are in the East Valley we could maybe meet up and you can look through all three if that helps you to make a decision.

• Like 1