richs4839

Looking for a Tripod LOWER PRICED Not $500

I went out to look at the moon last night. Grabbed my binos and tripod to take a quick look. The head off of my Occulus tripod fell off. I think I paid $70 for the Occulus at bass pro 5-6 years ago. It worked great for the price. It was a little heavy. I hopped on the interwebs and started looking at tripods. Holy smokes $500-700 tripods. I cant find a reasonably priced tripod. Anyone have one for sale of have any suggestions. 

Tripod is for glassing with 15x56 binos 99% of the time. I have used my tripod to shoot off of one time. 

i bought this for my son and paid $250.00, Amazon. legs only was more expensive don't know why.

Manfrotto 290 Xtra Aluminum 3-Section Tripod Kit with Ball Head (MK290XTA3-BHUS),Black

I totally understand this mindset. I am also into having quality items as well. 
mefoto small lightweight and durable but hated the ball head. 
the sirui one listed above is a great option. 
also at the game and Fish expo this past year, there is a vendor who was selling tripods that were extremely lightweight and a 10th The cost of an outdoorsman set up, but still seem to be great quality. I’ll see if I can find the information.

48 minutes ago, gjones5252 said:

I totally understand this mindset. I am also into having quality items as well. 
mefoto small lightweight and durable but hated the ball head. 
the sirui one listed above is a great option. 
also at the game and Fish expo this past year, there is a vendor who was selling tripods that were extremely lightweight and a 10th The cost of an outdoorsman set up, but still seem to be great quality. I’ll see if I can find the information.

Let me know if you can find the information on the vendor from the Expo. That would be awesome. 

3 hours ago, richs4839 said:

how do you like the bushnell? Obviously like it if you are recommending it. How long have you had yours for?

I have had my Bushnell for....God good question...15, 20 years? I really like it. I started with the Manfrotto  but then I switched to the Busnell because it was lighter and also faster to deploy.  I has serverd me well on all my hunts supporting my Swaros 15's. I still have the Manfrotto but I used as a back up, you know just in case.

Only problem is I am 6’3” and if needed it is nice to be able to glass standing. A lot of these tripods are only 56”. Yes I try to glass with legs extended as short as possible. 

• Like 1

Hey sorry we looked all over the house for our expo bag and have found it no where. I sent the azgfd organizer an email but who knows if they will get back. 
I am 6’1” and standing was super important to me. That’s why the mefoto one is now my 5’ wife’s tripod. 
have you looked at any of the offerings from slik? Most people I hunt with have either outdoorsman’s, slik or sirui. 

14 hours ago, richs4839 said:

Only problem is I am 6’3” and if needed it is nice to be able to glass standing. A lot of these tripods are only 56”. Yes I try to glass with legs extended as short as possible. 

Then I recommend you to take a look at the Slik Pro 700DX. I have that one too but is just a little heavier with the quick deploy legs that I like. That one will fit you perfectly!

1 hour ago, richs4839 said:

recommend a head? I see they have a refurbished silk 700 for sale. It is the SVH model though. 

When get off work and get home I'll let you know what model I have.