Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

Winchester model 70 ranger value

Does anyone know where to start with this Winchester model 70 ranger’s age and value?

it’s had a little work done on it.  (Braked, bedded, floated) Seems to be in pretty good shape.  It’s an ‘06.

It has a Nikon 3x9 bdc prostaff scope. I may swap it out for a leupold 3x9. 

IMG_2576.jpeg

I paid $400 for the gun a $100to fix the stock another $100 to bed the action  $280 for the break work  plus the scope . Then donated it . Let me know  if your  looking  to sell it . I'll buy it back . The ranger models were made in the 70s.

Chris 

• Like 2

Some history  on the gun . I bought  it from  my boss at the time  who gave up on hunting  . He only got 1 deer tag and took his son with  . Trying  to cross a creek he dropped  the gun hard and dented the bell on the scope.  It split the stock from  the tang thru the butt and cracked  the rings and bases. I took  it to Dale Medders and had the stock  fixed ,bedded  and recoil  pad done . Then it went  to Wright  armory  for the break they screwed  up and put the front  sight  back on . The two filled holes. It's been  on one juniors  deer hunt my buddies  granddaughter  took a doe with  it . And my other buddies  wife's first elk hunt she took a cow and her daughter- in law used it also for cow elk and took a cow.The ranger line was the cheap line of the 70s and was built  on the same action  just not quite  as refined  . It has a plane Jane soft wood stock and was meant  to be compared  to the basic rem 700.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Dang, that is one heck of a fall do to all that damage. 

The scope still  would  hold zero but I had already  put the nikon on with all new rings and bases . I think  it went  on the cva muzzleloader  I sold on here a older optima  I sold for what I paid  for it so it was probably  $80 bucks or so.