Pat P

WTB Swarovski 15x56's

3 hours ago, Pat P said:

Well I thought I purchased a pair from a member that lives in NJ. I sent money orders feeling good about the transaction as he was communicative, responsive, and seemed legit. He verified the receipt of funds, and deposited the checks. Once he deposited, I never heard from him about shipping. I had to hound him via email for a response and he said they would be shipped the next day. They weren’t. I followed up many times and have gotten very little response back over the last two weeks. A week ago with no explanation of why he couldn’t ship them in the first place, he said he’d send me a refund instead. Now he’s not responding at all. I think it’s fraudulent and will be exploring how to deal with it if even possible. All of this to say that I’m again in the market for a local sale but my budget is a little lower. Thanks 

That sucks...  Anyone that reaches out to you through PM  for WTB ads and are out of state are highly likely a scam.  Best to do face to face if possible or through electronic payments for non 2A products that provide protection.  Even CCs will refund. 

Please share who this member is. Im always suspect of anyone selling or advertising they want to buy something that are marked as a newbie and has no history.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 11:49 PM, Phil Carr said:

Please share who this member is. Im always suspect of anyone selling or advertising they want to buy something that are marked as a newbie and has no history.

The member is "thehunt" https://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/profile/21828-thehunt/

Shame on me, lesson learned the hard way. I've started the conversation with local law enforcement about online fraud. I don't think anything will come of it.