Sign in to follow this  
Azarchery

2009 Pig Hunt

I could not ask for a better start of the year with my family. My entire family got the opportunity to share the experience together. Me, my brother (Tyler aka elkhunter), Mom and Dad started out glassing the area and saw some deer but no pigs. Tyler and I decided to move to the next canyon and sure did found a herd. We got in position above the pigs and saw the herd going into the juniper tree and figured they were bedding down. We decided to stay and watch the tree and stalk on the herd when they come out for their afternoon feed. We did not see any activity for 3 hours at the tree or in the area nearby. We knew something was not right and decided to separate and sure did Tyler found the herd in the next canyon. We put on the stalk on the herd and got within 18 yards from the pig and got my shot opportunity. The pig went down on the spot. This is my second archery javelina.

DSCN0210.jpg

Awesome job!

I was not planning on getting a tag this year, but after all the stories I sent my app out yesterday! Nicely done!

Are those Zeiss FL's around your neck?

Way to go on another archery pig there Stacey! I know how hard you and your whole family work and it really shows in the end. Big congrats again!