Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Duwane Adams - ArizonaBigGameHunting.com

Hi All,

This month we feature Duwane Adams of AZ Big Game Hunting. Many of you know his book, How to Hunt Coues Deer (available in the CW store). He has also put out several DVDs that focus on teaching people how to glass and hunt. He helped pioneer glassing from binos on a tripod.

Duwane has been a guide in AZ for 30 years! He has 25 guides that work for him and he offers hunts for elk, mule deer, Coues deer, antelope, desert bighorn sheep, and quail. When you hunt with Duwane you get a fully outfitted camp with wall tents and a cook making delicious meals. Duwane also offers a service where he will provide you with information on a hunt area along with detailed maps to help you on a self-guided hunt. Duwane also teaches glassing lessons and if you are interested in becoming a guide, Duwane teaches you how to be a great guide and find trophy animals on public land. And Duwane has been giving seminars at events like the AZ Deer Association Hunter Clinic for years.

Duwane says his clients have a record of 100% shot opportunity. This year for instance, he had 7 archery elk hunters and 6 killed and the one who didn't kill shot 9 times. He had two archery coues hunter and they both killed. And he had 16 hunters for mulies in the Kaibab and the majority killed and all got shots. One guy shot at 5 different bucks and missed. One coues buck they killed was a 122 inch buck. 4 mulies were over 190. And his smallest elk taken was 320 and the biggest was 380. And he had a client take an 87 inch antelope. That's some serious success!

Duwane used to guide for Coues hunts in Mexico, but has decided it's no longer worth the trouble and risk. So currently he only guides in Arizona. Duwane doesn't spend alot of time on the computer, so his website doesn't show the latest kills and he didn't have photos from animals this year for me to post. He hopes to update his website later this year. If any of you have hunted with Duwane and have some pics to share, feel free to post them.

Here are a few pics from previous years:

post-1-1232207725.jpg

post-1-1232207770.jpg

post-1-1232207782.jpg

post-1-1232207801.jpg

post-1-1232207821.jpg

post-1-1232207868.jpg

post-1-1232207883.jpg

post-1-1232207898.jpg

Duwane can certainly make you more successful on your hunt in AZ. So give him a call and chat with him about what he can do for you.

Duwane Adams - Owner & Licensed Guide, 204 Avenue B, San Manuel, AZ 85631

phone: (520) 385-4995 E-Mail: coon@theriver.com

http://www.arizonabiggamehunting.com/

Amanda, that was an awesome write up on Mr. Adams. I've never met the man but have heard nothing but good things about him. We are fortunate to have some very good people here in our state, and coueswhitetail members, that are helping others to become really good hunters and outdoorsmans and Duwane is difinitely one of them. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

ps.... does the definition outdoorsmans include women? I think so. :unsure: SORRY! ;)

I want to chime in here and give my .02 cents.

Duwane is undoubtedly the most helpful hunter I know. He genuinely wants everyone to be successful. He is a wealth of information and as nice a guy as you would want to meet. He has some longtime guides that are ABSOLUTE KILLERS of giant bucks.

I have personally enjoyed his glassing lessons, full of tips and techniques that will make you more successful in the field. The most important lessons taught are where to look for deer and when to look for them at certain areas. He makes things simple and so easy to understand that they become "second nature".

I have friends that have purchased his map service as well. He will give you areas to camp and hunt and gives you case scenarios that depend on weather. He hunts the same areas as well (successfully) so you can feel confident he isn't feeding you bogus info.

Top notch camps with comfortable accomodations and food.

These guys are consistent killers of giant bucks...period.

I met Duwane about 10 years ago when I was researching about coues deer. Then and now, he has been an absolute wealth of information, always willing to help someone learn how to hunt better. Over the years I have been to numerous camps for Elk, Muleys, Coues and Antelope. Duwane has taught me more about animals, glassing and how to think than I would have ever thought possible. He consistently kills monsters, and is an absolutely fantastic individual. Just signing up for his glassing lesson would provide any hunter with more tips/tactics than you can imagine. Call him and find out for yourself...............Allen Taylor..............