Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Jonathan

Coues Hunting Turned Out To Be Everything I Thought It Would

I loved all the firsts. We can all appreciate and relate to all of the first that were experienced during this hunt. That is the experience of hunting in southern AZ. Big bucks, and lots of "international travelers" as my politically correct "friends" call them.

Great pics and I very much enjoyed your write-up!! You sure did get to experience it all!! Glad you didn't get into it with the drug smugglers. As has been said, you enjoyed lots of "firsts" and got to do it with good friends!

Amanda

Sweet pics and nice job, and I bet your a little more addicted than when you started.

The 1 arrow is often times the norm. :) funny GH

Sweet pics and nice job, and I bet your a little more addicted than when you started.

The 1 arrow is often times the norm. :) funny GH

Well, there's actually two arrows in the quiver, one's just broke about 17 inches from the business end. The whole arrow in the pic has a judo point on it, of all things (we were hoping to run across some quail or a coati). The first shot came in high through the spine and exited through the bottom of the brisket, since the shot was nearly vertical. It clipped enough lung on the way to be fatal, but the deer dropped immediately, obviously since the spinal cord had been severed. My buddy's pretty experienced and didn't want to take any chances, so he sent another arrow immediately after the first which connected with a rock and not the deer. My buddy got off the cliffs he was shooting from and made his way to the deer and put another one through the boiler room but we didn't find the arrow. So, the quiver that started with four arrows was quickly reduced to the last arrow with a judo. That's bowhunting for you.