Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

African Safari Tours

I have.  Lots of good places around Livingston, Zambia.  Plus there is Victoria falls.   It’s been. 20 years, though….

I hunted with Andrew Renton of Kei River Safaris. I would imagine he could put something together for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I hunted with Andrew Renton of Kei River Safaris. I would imagine he could put something together for you.

You won’t go to rocky point but you’ll go to the most dangerous country on earth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

You won’t go to rocky point but you’ll go to the most dangerous country on earth. 

I’ve been to rocky point, and Zambia is super safe.  You must have me confused with someone else.  

Just now, bojangles said:

I’ve been to rocky point, and Zambia is super safe.  You must have me confused with someone else.  

I didn’t quote you? 

• Like 5

I am from South Africa originally - and yes, there are loads to choose from. Its actually pretty challenging to summarize, but from a South African "viewing safari" perspective:

• If you are staying on a private game lodge - your safari drives are included in your daily rate. Generally 2x per day, before dawn and late afternoon going into the evening
  • If you are touring a National Park (like Kruger National Park) there are a number of companies that will organize day trips in game viewing vehicles. These generally enter the National Parks at park opening time and will drive around for a set period. They generally have radios and will respond to sightings as others find them. I would encourage you to read up on these companies and their ratings before booking with them
  • If you are self touring (ie driving yourself around) - most of these National Parks offer walks, night drives etc from one of their camp sites that can be arranged directly with them a day or so in advance
  • If you are hunting in South Africa - your PH may be able to assist with some game viewing activities as well - esp if a famous national park is nearby.

There are also others that operate outside National Parks - and will take you to scenic sights or along famous routes. As trphyhntr mentioned - be smart about it, do your research and ensure you book with someone reputable. Africa is a stunningly beautiful country - but be safe about it 🙂

I can offer some help from a South African perspective - but less so on other countries in Africa. Feel free to reach out via DM 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I didn’t quote you? 

😜🫣

you’re right….

in my defense, I’m in bed, sick as a dog.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

This was in 2010. And I went to Mexico in 2008.

Ill go to Mexico... but I wont drive through the country, Id fly to my destination, just like I did in Africa.