Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

AR 10 cycling issues

Thanks. 

I haven't tried different mags yet. I'm using Magpuls currently. I'm going to run this suppressed so I should have spent some money on the gas system to begin with. Hopefully the new parts help with the issue. 

• Like 1

May I suggest that you might be over thinking this?

I love Magpuls, but I've had them fail me before.

• Like 1

Yeah, the simplest fix is usually the case. 

All the parts showed up a few weeks ago, hoping to try again soon. If it cycles properly I'd like to pin the gas block. Any gunsmiths out there willing to tackle that? If so, I have a total of 3 barrels I'd like to get done. I'm just not a fan of the set screws. 

On 4/23/2024 at 9:13 PM, ctafoya said:

All the parts showed up a few weeks ago, hoping to try again soon. If it cycles properly I'd like to pin the gas block. Any gunsmiths out there willing to tackle that? If so, I have a total of 3 barrels I'd like to get done. I'm just not a fan of the set screws. 

A pinning jig and bench drill press and you are all done. Just as fun as building them.

not sure what you want in (pinning)? A small spot where the set screw goes is all you need. It wont move. Depending on makers some barrels have them stock and some dont. And some are misplaced depending on gas block maker. Pain in the butt. 

Let me know if you need it done but im far west of you.