Sign in to follow this  

off road sticker

ok, so i git on line and got the new required sticker for off road vehicles for my new power chair (polaris ranger). i get the tag in the mail and it says to put it in the upper right corner of the plate. that would be over the registration tag. it's all street legal and insured and all that. does this tag take the place of registration? i paid like $150 for year to register the stinkin' thing. when i re-register it do i need to pay the $150 again or just for the sticker? where do i put the 2010 sticker? i looked at the stuff splainin' it on the azmvd website and read what the azgfd has about it on theirs, but they have too many words and i got cornfused. anybody able to splain it in words a cowboy can understand? Lark.

ok, so i git on line and got the new required sticker for off road vehicles for my new power chair (polaris ranger). i get the tag in the mail and it says to put it in the upper right corner of the plate. that would be over the registration tag. it's all street legal and insured and all that. does this tag take the place of registration? i paid like $150 for year to register the stinkin' thing. when i re-register it do i need to pay the $150 again or just for the sticker? where do i put the 2010 sticker? i looked at the stuff splainin' it on the azmvd website and read what the azgfd has about it on theirs, but they have too many words and i got cornfused. anybody able to splain it in words a cowboy can understand? Lark.

I also got mine in the mail and was confused for a while but figured it out. It goes in the upper left corner. One place says the upper right and another place says to ignor that. Isn't it just like them to do something of that so money can be made on a fine for not placing it in the proper place? Go figure! :rolleyes:

TJ

I had the same experience as TJ, took me about 5 minutes and found a section on there that said to mount in the upper left corner and disregard the wording about putting it in the right hand corner. Take a look at it again, you should be able to find the section that has it.

Then why did they highlight "Upper Right Corner" if they want it on the "Upper Left Corner"

This is the State of Arizona. The left hand of the government does not know what the right hand is doing. The money we spend on these tags will probably not be used in the way it was intended for.

It goes on the upper left and the next time you register the Ranger, it will only be $4. That's the only good part of the whole sticker program. I was one of the lucky ones who had tags due at the same time the sticker was due. I went to the DMV and did mine a couple weeks ago. I paid $4 for the registration and $25 for the OHV sticker for my rhino.

Then why did they highlight "Upper Right Corner" if they want it on the "Upper Left Corner"

This is the State of Arizona. The left hand of the government does not know what the right hand is doing. The money we spend on these tags will probably not be used in the way it was intended for.

:lol: +1

I live just over the boarder from AZ, my brother lives in Eager, so my question is when I load up my quad to go over and hang out with my brother does this sticker thing apply to out of state rigs just in state for a few days?

I live just over the boarder from AZ, my brother lives in Eager, so my question is when I load up my quad to go over and hang out with my brother does this sticker thing apply to out of state rigs just in state for a few days?

I hope so. We're broke. We need the revenue. Jack

Bear Carver, from what I've read/remember, if you state has a similar setup, say like New Mexico and their OHV sticker, then you don't need to worry abour your vehicle as long as it has a current sticker from your state. And I believe there was a time limit as to how long your could be in AZ with out getting into issues, but I honestly don't know how they would track that. There is a lot of informaion regarding this on the AZ Game and Fish web site, and I believe this is covered under their FAQ section. Hope this helps.

Karl