Sign in to follow this  
knothead

General contractor in Flagstaff area?

I am currently in final stages of plans for a cabin build at Mormon lake.  Should be submitting plans for septic permit in next week or two.  I am looking for a reputable general contractor with references in the flagstaff/mormon lake area.  If you know of anyone, please let me know or give them my contact info.  Best to text first as I normally don't reply to numbers that I don't recognize.

thanks

John    623-680-4458     Peoria

You might want to check with local realtors too. Once you get a few recommendations check them out on Arizona Registra of Contractors. You can see how long they have been in business, complaints etc.

Jason Babcock County Handyman. 7630 East Long Bow Drive; Williams, AZ 86046 · (928) 635-2025 

I don't know how big of a job he will do but he can probably give you some people to contact. He is a stand up guy . We used W5 out of Phoenix and they were terrible! 

Jeff Knorr, Jeff Knorr Construction (https://www.jkc-inc.com/about-us-jkc-inc-in-flagstaff-az) is solid, so is Mike Furr Construction (https://mikefurrconstruction.com/).  I'd have to dig for the other names I've worked with/dealt with here in town that I'd feel good recommending.  Mike Furr did our loft addition several years ago and got us a quote for another back room addition a couple of years ago.  You won't go wrong with either one in town  I will tell you, though, that most contractors are booked out about a year, maybe more.  That could have changed, but be prepared for that answer.  Mike Furr wasn't booked out that far in advance, but the cost of lumber and concrete at the time made our addition cost-prohibitive, so we passed.

Thanks for the responses people have sent me so far.  I reached out to Mike Furr already and was told they only work in immediate Flagstaff area.  I will contact Jeff Knorr today.  When we started this whole process about 4 years ago, we found out contractors were a year or more out.  It's disappointing news but not surprising. 

Keep the recommendations coming.

John  623-680-4458