Hoss50

Harvester EVO Suppressor

The barrel length restrictions are there because if the barrelnis to short to burn all the powder the suppressor becomes part of a blast chamber with burning powder and it is not rated for pressure like that and the abuse. 

I have shot my EVO on my 300 win mag with 24" barrel with no problem. 

43 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Yep the barrel  length  is the minimum  that they say is safe to run them on .I just ordered  one this morning  and yes once you get it into your cart you can start check out and it will  prompt  you  to find a ffl . I added  the zip code for healey arms and then scrolled down and selected  them then it will  let you pay . Once they get the suppressor  they will  call so you can setup  your paperwork  . Super easy with the kiosk  . The guys  at healeys  can walk  you through  the process  . Get them in a trust so you can have your wife,kids added later .

Do I need anything else with it?...adapter, brake...?

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Do I need anything else with it?...adapter, brake...?

If your barrel is threaded you can just directly thread it on your muzzle. The EVO comes with both a 5/8"×24 and 1/2×28 adapter. 

If you wanted to do a quick mount like ASR or Keymo that would require more parts and pieces for your rifle and the suppressor. 

I have 1 suppressor with Keymo quick mount, but that is mainly for AR15 type platforms. On my bolt action rifles I just use direct thread to the barrel. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

If your barrel is threaded you can just directly thread it on your muzzle. The EVO comes with both a 5/8"×24 and 1/2×28 adapter. 

If you wanted to do a quick mount like ASR or Keymo that would require more parts and pieces for your rifle and the suppressor. 

I have 1 suppressor with Keymo quick mount, but that is mainly for AR15 type platforms. On my bolt action rifles I just use direct thread to the barrel. 

Thanks for the info! I ordered one! My barrel is 5/8 - 24. So, for the AR 5.56, does it require subsonic rounds? Or is that just for handguns?

41 minutes ago, Viper said:

Thanks for the info! I ordered one! My barrel is 5/8 - 24. So, for the AR 5.56, does it require subsonic rounds? Or is that just for handguns?

You can use either  I haven't  tried  subs in my ar but in my 10-22 it's stupid quiet . It's action cycle and impact no bang. The rest of my guns is comparable  to shooting  with 32 dB ear plugs in . You still  hear the bullet Crack but it changes  the tone and pulse. I shot a javalina  with  my 7-08 and the rest just stood  there not knowing  where it came from. 

• Like 1

Sorry for all the questions. Does this particular suppressor reduce recoil as much as my Hellfire brake? Will it require a new load development?

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Sorry for all the questions. Does this particular suppressor reduce recoil as much as my Hellfire brake? Will it require a new load development?

It's probably  a little  less but it's a different  feel it's more a steady  push not as harsh as without  but not quite  the same feel.

• Like 1

It won't reduce recoil as much a most brakes, but it does reduce recoil. Your point of impact with and without the brake will likely shift. So you will have to adjust your scope zero.

You MAY have to tweak your load a little if accuracy changes, but not always. 

My 300 wim mag is more accurate with the can vs. The brake. 

You can shoot subs or supersonic thru the can as long as they are 30 cal or less in diameter. 

I shoot some subs thru a 7.62x39 AR that are pretty quite with the can on. You can avoid the supersonic Crack with bullets above about 1050fps, but it muffles the sound alot and changes the tone quite abit. 

• Like 1

What does Healy's charge to do the transfer?  Do they handle putting together a trust or only individual forms.  Fingerprints and passport photos done on site?

1 hour ago, Schmitty said:

What does Healy's charge to do the transfer?  Do they handle putting together a trust or only individual forms.  Fingerprints and passport photos done on site?

Here is some info. I haven't done it personally but I'm sure Mike and his staff could answer any questions for you.

https://healypremium.com/product-category/silencers-nfa/silencers-suppressors/

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/silencer-shop-kiosk#much

2 hours ago, Schmitty said:

Healeys  is 125 for a nfa transfer  on suppressors  then your tax stamp is 205 then the silencerco  trust is like 29 bucks I think.  Yep they have a kiosk  to do everything  and the guys will  walk you through.  Make sure to have a atf account  setup first  it's your  digital  signature  for your paperwork.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Healeys  is 125 for a nfa transfer  on suppressors  then your tax stamp is 205 then the silencerco  trust is like 29 bucks I think.  Yep they have a kiosk  to do everything  and the guys will  walk you through.  Make sure to have a atf account  setup first  it's your  digital  signature  for your paperwork.  

Good info Chris.

So for the guys that ordered the Harvester Evo  from  Freedom  weapons llc and got a ready to ship e-mail recently.  I called them today  to ask about  shipping  as I had gotten  the same  for my order on Friday.  The guy there said  they had just got nfa stuff and it would  be 10 to 18 days for the stuff to ship because  of the form 3 paperwork  for them to ship to another  ffl .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Wow! $125? I was expecting around $40. I have two questions: 

1) Can I put it in my family trust, or is a separate Silencerco trust recommended?

2) What is this atf account you speak of? How is that done?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Wow! $125? I was expecting around $40. I have two questions: 

1) Can I put it in my family trust, or is a separate Silencerco trust recommended?

2) What is this atf account you speak of? How is that done?

Thanks

Go to create aft e- forms acct. You'll  need this done to start your  paperwork  once the suppressor  arrives.  The guys at healeys  can answer  your  second  question  . I've just done the trusts per suppressor  and added  my family  as trustee after . Two with silencer central  and one so far with  silencerco   ( still  pending) .