Sign in to follow this  
Little Creek Calls

2024 youth turkey hunt

32 minutes ago, twigsnapper said:

So true, after the Sunday morning hunt, my son suggested I find a call that I can be more consistent with.  He said, " Dad, you don't sound like the actually hens, maybe you should try a box call"  

He had the nerve to tell me this after I called in toms on two separate setups...  No dead big for us but we had a blast.

My hunting partner Jim was with us on Friday and Saturday and handled the calling. He wasn't able to be with us sunday, and promptly, my son looks at me and says "Dad that doesn't sound like Jim's calling."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, twigsnapper said:

So true, after the Sunday morning hunt, my son suggested I find a call that I can be more consistent with.  He said, " Dad, you don't sound like the actually hens, maybe you should try a box call"  

He had the nerve to tell me this after I called in toms on two separate setups...  No dead big for us but we had a blast.

It's always a fun time to be in the woods, that's what I "try" to convey to my kids. I had a tough time calling this weekend, but have learned a ton from Ammons passion over the last 20 years of friendship. The tom that was called in, we definitely had to fight for his attention. We had about 3-4 gobblers and to many hens to count that we were competing with first thing Saturday morning. My boy made a excellent shot and game over. 

20240420_062155.jpg

• Like 6