Viper

Forest Road Conditions west side of 5A?

Heading to 5A Sunday for my turkey hunt. Plan to access the unit from the west, Hwy 87. FR300 or FR141. Will be pulling my 32' 5th wheel. I believe the roads are open, but wondering what condition they are in? Any first hand knowledge?  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Heading to 5A Sunday for my turkey hunt. Plan to access the unit from the west, Hwy 87. FR300 or FR141. Will be pulling my 32' 5th wheel. I believe the roads are open, but wondering what condition they are in? Any first hand knowledge?  Thanks.

I was in off 95 all over shed hunting last weekend and roads were decent. I was up there today and got a bit of snow but melting quickly. Good luck 👍 

• Like 2

You should have called the Heber Ranger Office. They are getting rain and snow tonight and tomorrow till the afternoon. Roads could be a real mess. Might want to wait a few days and let the road dry out.

Could always park the 5th wheel and drive in to hunt.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Markleo21377 said:

I was in off 95 all over shed hunting last weekend and roads were decent. I was up there today and got a bit of snow but melting quickly. Good luck 👍 

Is there still snow on the ground? Any luck finding sheds?

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

You should have called the Heber Ranger Office. They are getting rain and snow tonight and tomorrow till the afternoon. Roads could be a real mess. Might want to wait a few days and let the road dry out.

Could always park the 5th wheel and drive in to hunt.

5a is Coconino national forest. Call Flagstaff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

Is there still snow on the ground? Any luck finding sheds?

No snow except a few very dark north facing pockets…handful of sheds. Haven’t hit the “pocket” yet but hopefully soon. Lots of miles of great country 👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

5a is Coconino national forest. Call Flagstaff. 

Best info on rim country in that area is Blue Ridge Ranger District

(928) 477-2255

• Like 5