Sign in to follow this  
AZMEATHUNTER

A MEARNS HUNT AT LAST!!

WELL,

IT REALLY HAPPENED !I GOT THE DOGS DOWN SOUTH FOR A MEARNS HUNT.WOW WAS THE WEATHER NICE! BIRDS WERE FEW AND FAR IN BETWEEN DON'T KNOW IF PRESSURE GOT TO THEM OR WHAT? LAST YEAR IN THE SAME AREA WE DID AWESOME? GOOD THING FOR SOME HARD WORK BY "RABBIT" AND "RICO" WE TURNED UP A FEW COVEYS.

"RABBIT" CHECKING OUT THE FIRST NIGHT SUNSET

post-2935-1233597216_thumb.jpg

"RICO" WITH HIS FIRST WILD BIRD RETREIVE.

post-2935-1233597621_thumb.jpg

JONNY P WORKING IN ON 'RABBITS" POINT

post-2935-1233598013_thumb.jpg

DOUBLE BIRDS - SINGLE GUN (I ACTUALLY SHOT A DUECE!)

post-2935-1233599003_thumb.jpg

Jim,

Looks like you got a couple for the panty hose :D ;)

I would guess that all the hype about a superlative season has brought in a few more hunters than normal. How may birds were in the coveys Rico pointed?

Doug~RR

thanks!

i always enjoy my time down south living here in northland.doug the covey "rico" pointed (his first ever) was 5 birds which we took 2 of he was so staunch he looked like a backing cut out..lol i would like to know from a biologist of some mearns veterans what happens when you are supposed to have a "bumper crop" and yet we struggled to find 5 coveys in 2 days? cs i am so stoked to think i will be hunting over "shy" aka jaeger" next year james will do fine i can tell he seems very pateint and wants to doo him and "shy" right.thanks for the compements on the dogs i had to save a long time to buy into a bloodline like theirs.i raised "rico" and "rabbit" from pups. rabbit is almost there she did a couple "no no's" but hey 95% of the time she just does steller! "rico" is only a year and a few months so i was way proud of his effort he hunted very hard for us.

azmeathunter...jim

i guessed they did found lots of this years shells everywhere.2 guys i ran into said they had "limited" 6 days in a row..wow thats alot of birds!! hope to get down this weekend and hunt some rougher not so easy to get to stuff.

azmeat