KB-AZ

Lake Pleasant striped bass

Now that hunting season is over, I've been hitting the lakes more often. Doing pretty good lately for stripers at Pleasant. Two weekends ago we put over 30 on the boat, with a few whites and largemouth mixed in. Was out on Tuesday and landed 12 stripers, but we spent more time on the largemouth. They are moving up shallower and alot more active. Saw a guy stick a nice 6-7lb largie up Castle Creek. The carp are shallow, too, and thrashing all around. Would be fun for the bow-fishers.

Good luck

What part of the lake are you catching stripers? Are you using anchovies, spoons, topwater, or crankbaits?

KP - we have been catching them all over the lake, but Castle Creek and Cottonwood Cove have been the most productive for us. The channel leading into Cottonwoood has been on fire lately. I've caught them on a variety of baits: deep-diving cranks, x-raps, and soft jerkbaits. I've been experimenting with 4" & 5" Gulp minnows and jerkshads in pearl on a darter-head, and have done well. Live bait just hammers them, though. Get a net full of shad, or cut anchovies, and your in for a fun day. I fish that on basically a carolina rig, with a long flourocarbon leader and small hook, on a line-counter reel. We drift the channel in 20 - 50 ft of water, and use the electronics to keep the bait near the bottom. Good luck.

KP - we have been catching them all over the lake, but Castle Creek and Cottonwood Cove have been the most productive for us. The channel leading into Cottonwoood has been on fire lately. I've caught them on a variety of baits: deep-diving cranks, x-raps, and soft jerkbaits. I've been experimenting with 4" & 5" Gulp minnows and jerkshads in pearl on a darter-head, and have done well. Live bait just hammers them, though. Get a net full of shad, or cut anchovies, and your in for a fun day. I fish that on basically a carolina rig, with a long flourocarbon leader and small hook, on a line-counter reel. We drift the channel in 20 - 50 ft of water, and use the electronics to keep the bait near the bottom. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Are you mainly fishing in the evening, or are you having luck during the day as well?

RR - we have fished at the mouth of the Agua Fria near the closure buoys and have done alright for the whites. I'd like to do the hike off Table Mesa to get back in, as I'm sure the whites and stripers are going nuts back there. By far Cottonwood Cove has been the best to us for whites.

KP- we've been catching them all day. Have not noticed a difference between morning or afternoon trips.

KB-AZ:

If you need a backseater on one of these trips, PM me and let me know when you're going. I'll pay for gas, parking, etc.

The whites and stripers have also been stacked pretty thick at the dam right next to the towers/pumps. Cut anchovies and live shad have been doing alot of damage