Sign in to follow this  
ChasinTail

Couple more dry ground lion pics...

Here's a tom that we caught a couple of weeks ago. This tom weighed about 120lbs, and had a gut full of Javelina! As if the smell of a dead lion wasn't enough...fill it full of stink pig and ewww... stinky..

This pic is from when we first came up on the cat. The dogs are on the opposite side of the bluff (see pic below)

Jeremys_tom.JPG

This pic is from when we got around to the side where the dogs were.

Jeremys_tom3.JPG

This is my cousin Donnie (left) and Jeremy Fenn (right)

Jeremys_tom2.JPG

nice pics

Oh man, seeing those pictures is like a shot of adrenaline, thank you! Is that a walker immediately below the cat in the second pic? I was planning on getting a pointer after I graduate, but maybe I should get a hound. I get more and more addicted to cats every time I see them. Keep the photos coming!

Mr. Jonathan,

That is a redtick hound. We currently don't have any Walkers. We have 3 redticks, a bluetick, 2 leopard curs, and 2 redbones.

I would only recommend getting any breed of hunting dog if you're going to do just that...HUNT THEM!

I've got hundreds of pictures...I'll pace myself in posting them... :)

There ain't nothin like the oozing black tar that comes out of a lion after it's dead. NASTEEEEEEEE!

Congrats on a nice tom!

Josh, Clay,

Thanks for the replies.

Josh, you guys get any fresh snow up there this week? We were hoping for some down here in the high country, but didn't get any.

A little bit of rain lastnight, ran a track for a little while today, but didn't end up catching him. Can't wait til we do though, it's a big track!

Cheers,

Tyler

Tyler,

No fresh snow up here that was worth drivin all night over. Lightly spittin up here now which is perfect to wipe out the older tracks. GOOD LUCK!