fatfootdoc

ANYONE GOING ORYX HUNTING???

So after 7 years of applying unsuccessfully for an oryx tag...... I get to go on to year number 8 next year :blink: ! HOWEVER, My 11 year old daughter( whom I put in for the first time this year!!) got drawn, and so did my son!! On different applications no less!! I guess from now on I put in with one of them!!

I hope those of you who put in in NM got lucky and get to go!! I have to do the hunting and let my kids do the shooting, I am way ok with that though!! ag

Good to hear, I didn't put in but my wife and son didn't draw. Oh well, more money to spend on other hunts. What hunts did you get?

Congratulations,

--Bill

I drew the Nov 14-15 Stallion Range hunt. I've been on the range once before and had a great time. I've started pulling info from previous threads to start the prep work.

Well How did the hunts go? My wife Marcy has the Stallion Range in Febuary. I drew my Oryx tag back when 9/11 happened. They shut the range down and later opened it up to those that drew for a one day hunt, take it or leave it. Long story short I shot an average cow on a very short hunt. Any tips on the Stallion Range would be appreciated

RHarris

Just saw about 12 of them right off the side of the freeway my last trip to New Mexico. It was pretty neat to see them again, also saw 2 young ones in the little herd. I'll try and post the pics.