Sign in to follow this  
jeepers creepers

Looking for ideas

Well I didn't get drawn for anything. For elk I had only put in for cow, still nothing. So.....what do you do but move on to the next hunt.

I'm looking for any ideas, places to go hunting. Out of state and reasonable. Locations, phone numbers, e-mails.

Maybe a Texas or Calf pig hunt. I'm open to ideas.

Congrats to everyone who did get drawn and good luck! ;)

Jeep, I'm in the same boat. I'm planning on putting in for NM elk and deer with my brother and nephew and some friends, it's a little expensive, but I sure do enjoy the hunt and commadery regardless of the outcome. The application dead line is April 8th if I remember correctly. I'm also planning to head over to NM for Turkey as well, it's still over the counter. Other then that, I'll be doing a lot of fishing as well, still get to get out, can have some fun with the trail cams, and just enjoy nature.

And there's always the deer draw this summer. Best of luck.

I am getting tired of not hunting elk. I think a rez cow tag is pretty cheap. I have been thinking about dusting off the 30-06 and go play!

With about 80,000 people applying for 20,000 elk tags, hunting elk once every four years on average is indicated. That WMAT cow tag that Casey mentioned would be a good alternative to consider. There is OTC elk in Colorado.

There are a couple nearby states that sell over the counter elk tags I believe. Or call up Lance, he is apparently dying to take some others out after some more up north.

I found a link on another site to a ranch in Tx called the Bar E. Most reasonably priced one I have seen. Hunting packages start at $350 for a two day hunt including one sheep and two hogs. Try bareranches.com it is bowhunting only.

il be getting an otc tag for az 114.00 and get me a bull

il be getting an otc tag for az 114.00 and get me a bull

Be very careful with those OTC tags, they are for very small and defined areas within a unit and I know of several people who have been nailed for chasing an elk over the wrong fence.