Sign in to follow this  
Dick

ABA BANQUET

I wanted to let everyone know that the ABA Banquet is scheduled for April 18, 2009 at the Phoenix Mountain Preserve Reception Center. There are tickets still available. If you have received your ticket application in the mail, or go to our website and print one I will honor all the early bird specials all the way up to the banquet. We have some great raffle items, silent auction and live auction items. Inclusive of Bows, Guns, Hunts, 3D targets, Prints, Calls, DVD's and numerous other items. The ABA is a total family banquet, every child that comes will win a raffle prize. We have a ladies table with some great items on it. Cost to the banquet is $50 dollars per adult and $20 per child. Get a group of your friends together and get a corporate table for $600 dollars with $300 dollars in free bucket raffle tickets. I hope to see some of you guys at the banquet.

Carl Brashears

Chairman

Arizona Bowhunters Association

PS: There were 262 shooters at the 1st leg, 211 at the second leg. Everyone had a great time, this is a chance to give something back to the organization that represents you as a bowhunter at every single Arizona Game and Fish Commission meeting. The ABA is responsible for nearly every archery elk,deer, and antelope tag that is sold because someone from this organization represented you during the last 30 years!

Dick King

Arizona Bowhunters Association

Game and Fish Liaison

Dick, I will be sitting at a corporate table during the event. Will the ABA also be honoring the raffle ticket package special at the door? David

Dick, I will be sitting at a corporate table during the event. Will the ABA also be honoring the raffle ticket package special at the door? David

David, If you open up the link below, all the information is there for raffle tickets, call or email our banquet Chairman, Carl Brashears 602-361-0213 or cbrashears@shellvacationsllc.com . If you contact him before April 17th (Friday before the banquet) he will give you the early purchase incentive pricing!

Raffle ticket or banquet ticket form

Just a couple days left to get your tickets. Check the abawebsite for a list of all the items for the banquet. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Will bring the #1 Pope and Young Pending World Record Non Typical rack for those interested to see it.Hope to meet some more CW members there!!

We went last night and had a good time. They honored Steve Clark for all his work that he has done for our wildlife and the work he has done with the Arizona Elk Society. Steve has been up at the Jr. Turkey camp in 23 and drove in for the banquet last night. Our table was successful as well, Kathi won the new PSE X Force GX bow. She is trying to decide what to do with it, trade it for something more for her, sell it or MAYBE give it to me!!

Thanks ABA for a good evening.

Mark

Thanks to all who showed up last night to support bow hunting in Arizona! We had a great evening of fun and I always get a chance to visit with a few people that I recognize from shoots etc: but never get to know!

There was a lot going on this weekend, the juniors turkey hunt took a lot of would be attendees out of town to spend some time in the woods with the kids! I had two close friends that that were not at the banquet because of that, one of them was apologizing to me via cell phone for not being there! Believe me, those who chose to take a youth on a turkey hunt this past weekend made a very smart decision. There will always be banquets and fund raisers but this was the first ever youth turkey hunt in Arizona, I for one am proud of the people that elected to skip the banquet to introduce a newbie to turkey hunting. But, I hope next year they aren't on the same weekend!

Another big event in town was PIR races! That thing draws a crowd man!

On another note, yesterday was the hunt set meeting for the fall package including archery deer. There were not a lot of changes proposed from last year. There were a couple issues we had though, one was the Kaibab where the Department had proposed to eliminate the boundaries (for archery deer) between 12A, 12B and 12BW and decrease the total tags from 1090 to 1000 which is the number that was in 12A last year. Because the harvest reported for last year was below the 20% objective (17% for the 2008 season) we were able to convince the Commission to add those 90 permits back into the archery allocation.

So yesterday was a good day for bowhunting, a great banquet and evening of fun and we were able to salvage a few of our permits.

We went last night and had a good time. They honored Steve Clark for all his work that he has done for our wildlife and the work he has done with the Arizona Elk Society. Steve has been up at the Jr. Turkey camp in 23 and drove in for the banquet last night. Our table was successful as well, Kathi won the new PSE X Force GX bow. She is trying to decide what to do with it, trade it for something more for her, sell it or MAYBE give it to me!!

Thanks ABA for a good evening.

Mark

I really think Cathi would like for me to have it. ;) I'll pick it up at the wedding. :D

TJ

Great time had by all and got to meet some great people..already looking forward to next year.

had a good time at the banquet and got to hold nates buck it was huge blowing up all the ballons for the ballon raffle wasnt that much fun tho