Sign in to follow this  
JLG

Winchester Model 70 Ultimate Shadow 25WSSM WTB

Hi All, I have a friend who would like to pickup one of these rifles. I bought one a couple of years ago and he has used mine and really likes it. Anyone have one they are willing to part with, Take Care, JLG.

hello - gunbroker.com has a win 70 -25wssm - not the shadow

:P :lol: You make laugh every time I read one of your posts :rolleyes:

They ALL start with HELLO

Just poking fun my friend ;)

Thats you and it's all good :D

Thanks Elkaholic, he has been bidding on one but hasn't hit the reserve yet. Thought I would try to help him find one locally.

For a while now I have been seriously thinking about 223 WSSM, I am thinking that would be an awesome little round, Thanks for responding, JLG.

hello - you might even call a few of the pawn shops around town - the gun shop on 19th ave south of maryland mite be able to help - I'd opt for the 223 --- Gary

i guess i could start my posts with - :huh: How's it going today u'all - :blink: - hello is easier --

Thanks Elkaholic, he has been bidding on one but hasn't hit the reserve yet. Thought I would try to help him find one locally.

For a while now I have been seriously thinking about 223 WSSM, I am thinking that would be an awesome little round, Thanks for responding, JLG.

I have a .233 wssm I may part with. I believe it to be the Winchester Shadow syn stock, RCBS dies, rings, bases. If your interested send me a pm.

The .223WSSM is a great little round (as long as the wind isn't howling)..

I had one for awhile and took this 2005 goat with it..

better27.jpg

And borrowed my buddy's .223WSSM (wanted to try his out) to smack this little 2005 36C coues buck from 300 yards..

05coues16.jpg

Guys, Thanks for the responses.

Jimmy you don't need my 25WSSM, you have your 300 WSM.

ScottyBoy those are sweet pics. How far were the shots you made, that antelope is a beast.

I was reading the .223 WSSM is the fastest .223 on earth. To the guys that have them or have had them what is your impression of them?

I really like my 25 WSSM, I guess a wiser choice would have been a .25-06, because of the cost and availability of ammo, but when you show someone a nickel plated Nosler Ballistic Tip in black and gray, their always like what is it and that's cool. We killed 3 coues and one javelina with it, since last Dec. everybody likes carrying at about 7 pounds.

I think a .223 WSSM would make a nice companion gun, Take Care, JLG.

JLG,

I shot the goat at around 350 yds.. the coues was at around 295, if I remember correctly..The gun I shot the coues with was a buddy of mines.. The next day I watched him punch a hole through a 95" coues buck from 396 yards away.. He took 2 steps and tipped over. Sweet shooting little rig for sure!!

I think for me I just had to get the twist ratio with the weight right for the .223 wssm, other than that it shoots great. I bought it and sent it back to winchester, they ended up sending a new rifle. Groups really good now, and very accurate rifle. But I have more fun with my others so I don't shoot it anymore. :( my 2 cents