Sign in to follow this  
WFGinNM

Jim White Head Question

Has anyone ever mounted a Jim White Head on a Manfrotto 718B Tripod? I like the size and weight of the tripod but would like to get a Jim White Head.

Thanks,

--Bill

I haven't tried to remove the head that came with the 718B, I wasn't sure if it is permanent or not. I hope to be getting some 15's soon (I know I've been saying that for awhile, but I'm getting serious about selling the Bronco) and want to be using the same tripod. The other option I might do is get the Slik Sprint Pro, my friend has that set up and it is nice.

--Bill

Bill,

I did not see that the leg angle is adjustable on the tripod.

You may need a bushing adapter for 1/4"-3/8" threads? Might call Jim White on that.

Doug~RR

Doug,

The leg angle is fixed. There is an allen head screw holding the factory head on, but I need to get a metric allen wrench for it. I was kind of under the impression when I bought this tripod that it was semi-disposable. One good thing to look at is I could get the Slik legs and Jim White head and save this setup for my Wife to use the Steiner 12x50's on. :rolleyes:

--Bill

I sent Jim a pm, anybody know how else I can get in touch with him?

Thanks,

--Bill

Doug,

The leg angle is fixed. There is an allen head screw holding the factory head on, but I need to get a metric allen wrench for it. I was kind of under the impression when I bought this tripod that it was semi-disposable. One good thing to look at is I could get the Slik legs and Jim White head and save this setup for my Wife to use the Steiner 12x50's on. :rolleyes:

--Bill

I have the same tripod. The head can be removed but it takes some work. the allen head screw is secured with loctite Thread locker. If you're not careful you could strip the bolt head. You will also need the 1/4 to 3/8 conversion to work withthe better heads.

Thanks Amanda and scoutm.

Doug, appreciate the pm thanks.

I should be all set up soon.

--Bill