Sign in to follow this  
KGAINES

PICTURES

HOW DO YOU POST PICTURES, NOT THAT I HAVE ANY I WAS JUST CURIOUS.

Keith,

To get a picture to show up in the discussion forum, it has to be posted online somewhere. Then you simply click on the IMG button and type in the URL (location of the photo). The IMG button is located just above the box where you type in your messages. So if you start a message or a reply to one, then look above the text box and you will see several buttons. The one labled IMG is used to insert images into your message.

You have to make sure you type in the location of the photo right, otherwise it will look like this:

image.jpg

If you type in the image address right, then it will show up, like:

doepinkearw.jpg

There are other buttons that let you insert regular URLs or email addresses. Then those will be hotlinked so people can just click on them and be taken right to the page.

Amanda

What is a good site that hosts pictures so I can do this?

Josh

Josh, Sony Imagestation is what I use and it works well for me. Just make sure that when you copy the picture address it ends with .jpg They may end with .jpg.org.jpg just leave off the.org.jpg and the should work. Hope this helps.

fab48f08.jpg

Brian

Edited by standman

Hi Josh,

If they are pics you are gonna have me post anyway, then I can just give you the address so you can link them in the discussion forum.

Looks like Scott Adams using hunt101.com for hosting pics, but I went there and can't figure out where they have that service.

Amanda

The problem I have with hunt 101 is that their maximum size for pictures is smaller than all of my pictures. I can't figure out how to make my pics smaller in size, that's why I choose imagestation. Maybe I'm too computer illiterate, anyway I don't have a problem with imagestation.

Alrighty then, thanks Amanda and Standman.

Josh