Sign in to follow this  
JACK

Recurve shooters?

I have a recurve that I haven't shot in years and was thinking about dusting it off and playing around with it a bit...If I remember its 60lbs @ 28"...Just wondering what kind of arrow set up any of you may use...Thanks

I draw about 27" out of my 55# longbow. Received good arrow flight with 2016 and 2114 Aluminum arrows, and some 35-55 Gold Tips with 125 gr points. Did some bare shaft testing to get the right length.

I have about the same set up I use easton aluminum 2018s with a right helical. They fly great!!!! I also have used in the past gold tip expedition 35-55 with feathers you can buy them done already by the half dozen.

I really like the GT weight system to tune my arrows. I shoot 58 lbs at 29" with GT 55-75, 125 grain broadhead with 75 grains of brass up front and 20 at the rear. They'll bareshaft perfectly out to 30 yards.

Kevin

I am shooting a 57lb @ 28" Thunderhorn Longbow. I personally do not care for aluminum arrows just because of the bending issues but you can find the right spine with all the arrows and sizes available, plus you can get a nice heavy arrow.

I currently shoot the Gold Top Traditionals 55/75. I use 125 tips with 100 grains of brass up front and 29 1/4" long and shoot very well for me. The Godl Top weight system is cool for helping to tune that arrow. I can get the same arrow to fly pretty good out of my 55lb Widow.