soazarcher

Badlands Ox???

Looking for a new external frame pack.

Anyone have experience with the Badlands Ox?

I was at the ISE Show in Salt Lake and we(bowcast.com) were selling packs for Badlands... We were not taking orders for the Ox because it really isn't being mass produced yet... In fact, Badlands was still making changes to it. They are trying to make it lighter and NOT SO LOUD... Those AL stays are very tingy...From the one I worked with it looks like it is is going to be a meat packing machine. It looks solid and I think it is going to be a great pack... I wish you could somehow attach a 2800 to the frame or break down the frame and stick inside a pack until you need to pack something out.

If you have any specific questions I can try to answer them... Just ask...

J-

Sage Creek forums haven't said much about them being out on the streets.... They seem to be in the know on Badlands packs.

I talked with Cameron Hanes about it while in Texas at the RMEF show and he said it was interesting and built well but unsure how it's going to be in the field. Time would tell.

Looking at the details on it I'd have to wear one around the store a bit before I wanted to drop the coin they are expecting to get for it.

cmc

These externals seem to get very high marks for comfort and load carrying ability:

Dana Design Terraframe

Granite Gear Flatbed

Barney's external frame

I suffered many years with a Camp Trails pack.

Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to wait and see what they do with.

Thanks Doug, I'll check those out.

yeah I was told that Sage Creek sales more Badlands packs on-line than anybody else. We have been working with Badlands on a few projects and they are not going to release it until it is solid. Personally, I just don't know if there is a market for the pack... It is 3500 cubic inches so it fits between the 4500 and 2800 and it is going to weigh around 9 lbs.... If I was a rifle hunter I think it would be great to shoot off of... but it is going to be high dollar...

J