Sign in to follow this  
maximus

draw question

Hi everyone: have a question about how the draw really works.

i will put my 1st and 2nd choice for low odds late hunts but for the 3rd choice i will put a hunt that is 85% odd , do i have a chance or should i put for a 100% odds..

if anybody has the knowleadge please can explain.

thank you

I personally think you would REALLY be wasting your time. If the odds were maybe 98% you might have a shot. But there would have to be a reasonably drastic occurance for there to be leftovers in a prior 85% draw. I would advise towards 100% draws. This still doesn't mean you will draw however. You are still put in a "draw" for third fourth and fifth choices.

Also if you aren't going to use all 3 of your second round choices(3rd 4th and 5th) then put in your 85% draw as a third choice and a couple of 100%'ers for your fourth and fifth. Fruitier things have happened. I wouldn't count on it though.

Another recommendation too, if there were tons of leftovers the previous years then you will have a great chance at picking up a leftover tag at game and fish and you can build a bonus point for next year.

dont put in for something because of draw odds. if you put in for something low draw odds, that you want, and then put in for a hunt cause its high odds, and you get drawn,you will never get the low odds hunts. put in for what you want. not something easy to draw. cause usually nobody wants them because thy are not that good if they have really high draw odds. so put in for something if you get drawn, its a place you really want to hunt. cause if you want to hunt other places more you wont be able to if you are getting drawn elsewhere. just my 2 cents

more than likely you would not draw a hunt that has 85% draw odds with your 3rd choice.

Under the way the draw is SUPPOSE to work (I say suppose because every year somebody tells me they drew a low draw odd tag with a third choice) is if it doesn't say 100% draw (tags left over after everyones 1st and 2nd choices have been considered), then you would not be able to draw it after your second choice. I always put in for my dream tag 1st choice and make a comprimse on my second with a hunt that has better draw odds so I don't go a long time without a tag. Others I am sure would save up and build points for your dream tag, but I would rather have an average hunt than 1 good hunt with a long time between tags. just my way of thinking though.