RoughCut

Looking for a new Bow Site

I was really interested in the new G5 Optix XR, with the three fixed pins and the fourth that you can dial in the yardage.

Anybody have experience with this site?

I have the G5 sight, as does my brother, and it is AWESOME! This is an unpaid endorsement, I paid full price just like anyone else would have to do and I get nothing for telling you this. This is the first actual innovation I have seen in a sight ever, probably since they made multiple pin sights. All of the other sights are basically fixed pins that are adjusted to a fixed position through whatever manner is used. This sight though has one pin that adjusts independantly of the other three. With a small turn of the knob it rotates down from top position (60 yards for me) to the bottom position (100 yards). Thus you have the benefits of a 7 or more pin sight but dont have the cluttered sight window that comes along with it not to mention the confusion of being at full draw and trying to remember if green is 60 or 70. I honestly beleive that in the next year everyone will own this sight. There is also a full review by David Long in this months Eastmans Bowhunting Journal.

I have tried them and I found them loud and twangy.... There were also issues with the rattling free... Like Cody said look at the Spot Hogg... They are the best sight I have ever seen...

J

In response to Jamaro, there is absolutely no "twangy" on this sight. The previous years model, the ME has been accused of that. I have never tried it and therefore cant comment on it but the XR just rocks.

hello - lots of great sights out there- never thought id fork over 100+ dollars for a sight but i did ! I was at cabelas - i like the idea of holding a sight at arms length to see how the pins look to me ! all the sights are mounted on individual grips so it's easy to see the exact view like holding a bow- - everyones eye sight is different - i'm a glasses guy who cant see distance so 3 out of 4 sights i couldn't get a clear picture of the pins , some times the colors just blurred - kinda irratating to say the least - i settled for the vital gear tri-angle sight - all three pins are the glow green -rare- kindalike seeing the green traffic light at night - man are the bright - i l love it ! - i guess what i'm trying to say is holding the variety of sights they had avialable was the deciding factor - Gary

I agree that that G5 site is nice and I've had my eye on it. I've always liked the dial in sites and LOVE the versatility with the fix pins. If I had the money I would be seriously considering the same site

I just was sitting in my "office" reading the new issue of Eastman's Bowhunting Journal and they did a pretty detailed 2 page product review of that G5 sight you're talking about. They also have an article on a coues hunt, as well as a big 380 bull from AZ.