hoghntr

**CONCEPT ARCHERY**

Hi guys, I'm new to the sight, never posted before, but now is as good a time as any. I am one of the lucky ones who have shot a Concept. My wife owns a Mini 29 and it is sweet. IBO speed of 318 with a 8 inch brace height. Very forgiving and very fast. Within one week of shooting she doubled her effective shooting distance. Absolutely no noise or vibration. She has two other major brand bows collecting dust in the closet right now. I, personally have one coming to me in the mail as I am typing this. I can't wait. As for the guys that own the company, they are also the same guys that build the bows, and the religious part is not a gimic. They are true Christians. The Believer is just a way for a archer to show his faith. (not trying to start an arguement, been in one on another site, don't need another). To maybe answer some questions. The 99% letoff is real. At 50lbs my wife is holding 1/2 pound. Contrary to what common sense tells us, these bows are VERY forgiving. They almost shoot themselves. Once you get used to the high letoff, you never want to go back to a lower letoff bow. I know, some guys think bowhunting is a real mans sport, which it is, but to a older man like me with a bad shoulder, this bow is what the doctor ordered. The hardest thing to do with a Concept is put it down once you start shooting it. I know, I shoot my wifes bow almost as much as she does. I know I can shoot it better than my hunting bow, and her bow is set on 23 inch draw, I have a 28. If anyone has any questions about these bows please send me a message and I will try to answer what I can. I don't know much, but maybe I can answer a question for someone. Thanks.

Isn't it sacrilegious to put a religious symbol on a commercial product? Buy my Jesus endorsed bows. Its better than Chuck's and Randy's.

Bob

Hey there,

I think it is healthy to be concerned on offending the Lord. I don't think it is sacriligeous either. God tells us to share our faith in the great commision. Just my 2 cents. This may be a good debate in the future though. Just my thoughts could be wrong. have a good one.

WOW thanks for sharing about the bow. I will keep my eye on this one. Let us know if you get one. God bless. Joshua 1:8

"THE BELIEVER IS DESIGNED FOR CHRISTIAN ARCHERS WHO WANT SHARE WHAT THE LORD IS ALL ABOUT", REALLY?????? I BeLiever in my X-Force. sounds like a gimmic to me. Bow looks old and slow, and the 99% let off I don't even think they let you in to P&Y with a let off like that. So I'm assuming it is marketed towards the younger and older shooters, Christians to. how much do they cost?

"THE BELIEVER IS DESIGNED FOR CHRISTIAN ARCHERS WHO WANT SHARE WHAT THE LORD IS ALL ABOUT", REALLY?????? I BeLiever in my X-Force. sounds like a gimmic to me. Bow looks old and slow, and the 99% let off I don't even think they let you in to P&Y with a let off like that. So I'm assuming it is marketed towards the younger and older shooters, Christians to. how much do they cost?

LOOKS can be very deceiving. Also, animals harvested with a high lefoff bow can be entered into the Pope an Young record books. Any animal harvested with a bow higher than 65% letoff will have an asterik behind the archers name. The price is comparable to any other brand name bow.

Isn't it sacrilegious to put a religious symbol on a commercial product? Buy my Jesus endorsed bows. Its better than Chuck's and Randy's.

Bob

Hey Bobbyo I just thought of something today about your comment on the sacriligious quote. I think God convicts each beliver about diffrent subjects at diffrent stages of our personal walks with him. God may have told you about something that he may have not told me about yet. So to sum it all up. Ask God in prayer how he feels about Putting religous symbols on comercial products. Believe in faith that he will answer you, when he does, you will know. I think you are always good with being cautious though. Have agood hunt tis year!

I may have to find where these are sold, I sure would like to shoot one. With the let-off being so high, will that void an entry into the books? Either way, I ain;t about books and records and that is a tight looking bow.

I may have to find where these are sold, I sure would like to shoot one. With the let-off being so high, will that void an entry into the books? Either way, I ain;t about books and records and that is a tight looking bow.

from what I can see there are no dealers yet in Arizona. This could be a great op for someone.

sorry i skipped out for quite a while. i still do not have a concept bow. i have crossbow permit now. i also think they look like an older bow BUT have ya noticed how many people are only buying for looks or speed. Have you also noticed how many members of the archery community have underwent multiple shoulder surgeries?? i gave owner / rep??? some company names in phoenix. not sure if anything in town yet. i think he told me he has some in Tucson? i had him send me some brochures if anyone is interested i would be more than glad to supply you with one.

happy hunting

I'm typing this left handed because my right arm is in one of those pillow/sling shoulder torture devices. July 31 I had my shoulder and bicep tendon repaired and next spring the left shoulder is up for repair. I shoot or should I say shot a PSE Xforce Long Draw, the thought of a lighter shooting bow is nice while I'm in rehab. Looking at all these hogs that have been posted has been torture.

I will be back, and no I dont want to get rid of my bow.

To mimick what has been said..I think it sounds like a great product for those with shoulder issues or older bowhunters who have less strength. I wonder how hard it is to pull back until it converts into the 99% let off? That would be something to really consider. But I guess if you had different weight options you could buy a 50#or even a 40# so it is easy to pull back.

I was told if it is over 65% let off then if cannot be entered into Pope and Young record book? When did that change to just putting an asterik by the name?

I think it was a good marketing strategy to allow fishes and crosses although I'm not into that personally. They could call it the "Nimrod" bow.

Too bad the Genesis has already been taken by Mathews.

Mike

For those without anything wrong with them I will come out and say I don't think it is fair chase. It should NOT be allowed into Pope and Young in my opinion. It would be a huge advantage to a physically able hunter to hold back less than 1 pound for 5 minutes waiting for that huge bull elk to come out from behind the Juniper.

Sounds like a great middle ground between a crossbow and a "normal" bow. Would be great for those that still want to shoot a bow instead of a crossbow. Most states don't have a crossbow season and those that are forced to use one are relegated to firearms seasons with their crossbow. Now, these people can hunt the regular archery only seasons. That's a good thing, IMO.

P&Y, B&C, SCI, etc are about 101,102 & 103 in my top 100 list of important things.