Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Opening weekend

Kevin, you did miss it. JK I did actually get very lucky and called in and bagged a nice 18 1/2 pound Merriam Tom near Datil. It's my first Spring Turkey in about 5 years so I was very happy with my Tom. There is nothing like the thundering gobble of a big Merriam Tom in the high country of his native land of New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado. I get so mad when I watch these hunting shows where there hunting the Merriams in the river bottoms of Wyoming or Montana and act like thats where the Merriams are suppose to be. :angry: Anyway, good luck to all on the rest of the Spring Season.

Travis :)

the only turkeys I saw all day were my two kids. Guess I have to go to Datil!! :angry: , Lots of sign but no noise to speak of. Hunted the foothills of the black range. AG

We filled 3 out of 6 tags so far. We have heard alot of birds but only sunday did we get them to actually come in. I am hoping they will get better now that some of the opening weekend pressure is off.

The second weekend treated me pretty good. Not a lot of action, but the one bird that answered came in at a run. He had a 8" beard and was a mature tom. My brother was nice and called him in for me to shoot. Hopefully I can repay the favor next weekend. Here is a pic.

278522.jpg