Sign in to follow this  

Its that time of year again when I start to get the bug. There's something about antlers growing that really makes me want to get out and do some scouting. Unfortunately I can't get out like I use to so to help past the time I'm going to post some video clips. I can't remember what I've posted before so hopefully there won't be any reposts.

This one is a buck I found back in 06 during the aug bow hunt. He's probably one of the widest bucks I've been lucky enough to get on video. I put a stalk on the buck with no luck. This was the first and last time I ever saw this buck. The video quality isn't that good and its hard to see his rack but if you look close you should be able to see it every now and then. Like always its best to watch in HQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cu0PJyXJQk

I would have been happy with that video since I am always messing something up. :)

TJ

I have some really good footage about 15 mins of this buck just before he beds but for the life of me I can't find the tape its on. I did find a clip of him from a DVD I made that shows him better. Since I had to take it from a DVD the picture quality isn't as good as it could have been but its good enough to see him. Out of all the tapes to lose I can't believe I lost this one! O well..... Here's the clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36djT366_Vk

Im an idiot!!!! When I first read your first post and watched the clip, I was thinkin to myself....look for another buck, theirs gotta be another one in there with him. But I didnt see it. Just took a look at it again, thinkin to myself, you better look one more time. And there he was. I guess I need to get a new pair of close range binos!! :lol:

This buck has some potential he's good just about everywhere except he could use just a little more width and mass. This was the last time I saw him I believe he was a younger buck at the time with room to grow. That was a few years back so if he's still alive he could quite possibly be a very nice buck by now. I haven't been back in there for a couple of years now. I doubt he still alive because he lives in such a popular spot for hunters but the buck that he was with that year has been around for awhile in there so you never know he could still be around. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plGjOGch358

The video makes him look a little bigger than he really is but thats OK I'd rather have him look bigger than smaller. I got a few more clips I want to post when I get the time.

Lacks in width, but nice height, and his main beams almost wanna touch each other. Love the vids, makes me feel like Im on the mountain behind the glasses. Sure looks like a buck (or relative of) I killed about 6-7yrs ago. Ill have to take a pic tonight and post it on here.