CouesWhitetail

Any Archaeologists here?

The sheriffs don't seem to want to call the archaeologists in. One of the detectives just got trained in how to do this sort of excavation, so he is putting his new training to work. I called a friend of mine who is a retired archaeologist that specialized in bone ID, but she didn't have time to go up there today.

Amanda

After some careful researching I think I know what it is!

EBB

post-821-1246303055.jpg

Sheriff just called and said they are now convinced it's not human because they found some canine teeth. They still aren't sure what it is, but they say it's not human. I am still curious as to what it is. I think they are going to try and see if they can find someone to identify what animal it is.

Amanda

Baby BigFoot. The first real, hard fact that they do live.

It sure looks human to me, could it be from way before the indians time? Maybe caveman times? They probably still had noticeable canines if it's true we are descendants of apes! Very interesting, hope we get to find out what it really is! JIM>

From what I looked at, I would have bet a check that it was human. Heck if anything it is an interesting find.

Sheriff just called and said they are now convinced it's not human because they found some canine teeth. They still aren't sure what it is, but they say it's not human. I am still curious as to what it is. I think they are going to try and see if they can find someone to identify what animal it is.

Amanda

If they're now convinced it's not human then I spose you could dig it out yourself and put it in your back yard and let Julie play with it (and post pics in in the Shed Hunting portion of the forum under the title "Strange Pick Up"). But I'd be inclined to get a 2nd opinion or at least document the name and serial # of the deputy who told you that because it looks awfully human to me. Please keep us posted.

any new info on the find

No new info. I figure I will give the sheriffs some time to get an expert to look at the peices they took. The skull pretty much disintegrated when they took it out of the bank. So it's not so easy to id. But if they get someone to look at the teeth and the pics they might get an ID.

Amanda

Good one Jimmer!!

by the way thank you for this post its great i think its the best post we ever got thank you

After some careful researching I think I know what it is!

EBB

+1! :blink:

I think it is human, the geometry is all wrong for an animal neck... Let the mystery continue!

I called the Arizona Sate Museum and they are going to try and take a look at whatever the sheriffs took out of there to try and id it. Hopefully we will learn something new. It won't happen until after july 5th though.

Amanda