Sign in to follow this  
257wby

Adopt a water catchment

I was just curious if any members have adopted a water catchment. Wondering what kind of schedule they require or if it is up to the ward.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike,

That program was developed and started by the group from the AWF and the game and fish really took a liking to it. I can tell you that the WM of the unit would want you to go look at the catchment and report back to him anytime that you can. They would rather you not fix any problems with the tank but they would like for you to let them know what the problem is. They do like the idea that we clean out the catchment if it is getting a lot of debris in it or dead animals--but over all once you adopt a tank you can check it anytime you want--they need the greatest help during the summer months obviously.

There are a few folks who have signed on but the game and fish really hasn't pushed the idea to hard. I think it is a great way for a person to contribute with out being with a group and i can't think of a better way to spend a day out in my favorite area scouting and cleaning up a tank that i have adopted.

There are a few folks who have signed on but the game and fish really hasn't pushed the idea to hard. I think it is a great way for a person to contribute with out being with a group and i can't think of a better way to spend a day out in my favorite area scouting and cleaning up a tank that i have adopted.

Terry and Mike, I have to agree with the concept as a good idea for a sportsman

to feel they are giving back and helping wild life.

They could go in and set up a camera to get some results of what they have done helping or just set a treestand or blind and enjoy it in person.

(Please do not expect results overnite)

You would have to maintain the source as reliable for years I would think

to really see it helping the wildlife

A very dear friend helping me

post-1778-1246496939_thumb.jpg

:lol: We had not turned the pump on yet.

Should have seen what happened when we did :P

post-1778-1246496967_thumb.jpg

A bit hard on the truck but we got her done ;)

post-1778-1246496990.jpg

What a good feeling ;)

I was checking one last week and found a small muley buck that looked like a lion had killed it. The water had a ton of fresh tracks from all sort of critters. You will never know until you check them what you will find. :D

TLH, do you have contact info for the Adopt a Tank program? We called the G&F office here in Flag a year or so ago and the girl we spoke to had no clue about it.

Thanks,

Ilene

Guest RutNHard

I am very interested in helping. What a great idea!!! I usually fix allot of them already so I can put my cams on them.

I do but i am at work right now. i will post the contact info up for all of you once i get back to the house today.

Thanks Amanda, I'll go down and talk to them again.

Ilene